Stamford Rehab Centers for Alcohol Addiction
Find out about the types of alcohol rehab, the length of time they last, medications that might be used, insurance options, and how to choose the best Stamford alcohol rehab for you.
If you or someone you appreciate are dealing with alcohol addiction, also known as alcohol use disorder (AUD), you may feel stressed and not understand where to turn. Fortunately is that AUD is a treatable disorder. Knowing that assistance is readily available, comprehending your rehab choices, and learning how to find the best alcohol rehab for you can help you feel less overwhelmed and more in control of your life.
Need recommendations or assistance about alcoholism? Don’t lose out on FREE 24/7 access to support. Get aid when you need it and call us today at (844) 569-1713.
What Is an Alcohol Rehab Center?
An alcohol rehab center is a treatment facility that offers support, care, and therapy to individuals with alcohol use disorder, or AUD. Treatment is important for a number of factors. It can offer education about AUD, help individuals safely stop drinking, resolve the underlying causes of addiction, and help individuals discover healthier coping, tension management, and relapse prevention skills so they can stay sober.
Treatment is provided in a range of settings and at different levels of care, which can vary depending upon your special recovery requirements and concerns. According to the National Institute on Substance Abuse (NIDA), efficient treatment ought to be tailored to your individual health and recovery requirements and consider your mental health, social health, and any task or legal issues.
People’s needs can alter throughout the course of treatment, and they may go up and down in intensity and to various levels of care at alcohol treatment centers.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Centers near Elizabeth
Stamford CT Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
Inpatient alcohol rehab indicates that you live onsite at a treatment facility for the length of treatment. This can include hospitals, clinics, or other property alcohol rehab centers that provide 24-hour care.
This setting can be practical for a vast array of people, consisting of those with severe AUD, severe co-occurring disorders, those with a history of relapse, people with unsteady living scenarios or limited transportation, and teenagers.
Types of Inpatient Rehab
Common inpatient treatment settings consist of:
- Long-term residential rehab. This provides a stable living circumstance, a structured environment devoid of interruption and sets off (individuals, places, and things that make you wish to drink), and supportive care for a longer period of time. It can be low or high intensity. It’s well-suited for individuals without stable homes or helpful households, or those with severe addictions or co-occurring disorders.
- Short-term property treatment. This usually happens in a medical facility, medical center, or other facility that provides 24/7 medical oversight. These facilities normally use alcohol detox services to help handle alcohol withdrawal symptoms, along with rehab treatment.
- Sober living houses. These are likewise called healing housing, transitional housing, or halfway homes. They provide short-term transitional housing and various types of assistance to people who have actually just recently finished a rehab program and are transitioning back to their day-to-day lives.
Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
Outpatient alcohol rehab offers treatment services at a health center, neighborhood mental health center, freestanding substance use rehab center, or medical facility. You live in your home and travel to the facility for treatment services on a regular schedule. Some outpatient programs provide some or all of its programming through remote or virtual rehab provided through telehealth.
People who might take advantage of outpatient treatment centers for alcohol include those who are stepping down from inpatient treatment or individuals with less severe dependencies, health, strong social assistances, trustworthy transport, and stable living environments. Outpatient rehab can occur at different levels of intensity.
Kinds Of Outpatient Rehab
- Typical kinds of outpatient alcohol rehab centers consist of:
- Requirement outpatient, where you have routine workplace visits for therapy and treatment medicines, if necessary. Basic outpatient programs normally need attending treatment 1 to 3 times each week, though some satisfy every day.
- Intensive outpatient, or IOP. This is a higher level of intensity that offers in between 9 and 20 hours of structured programming each week.
- Partial hospitalization, or PHP. This is the most extreme level of outpatient care. It involves participating in treatment every day for a minimum of 6 hours per day.
Alcohol Treatment Medicines
Medications may be utilized in an alcohol treatment program to help individuals stop drinking and avoid relapse. Some common medications consist of:
- Disulfiram. This medicine can assist individuals refrain from alcohol use while in recovery since it causes unpleasant symptoms if you consume.
- Acamprosate. This helps people keep abstinence and avoid relapse. It helps reduce undesirable symptoms that may in some cases occur with ongoing abstaining, such as insomnia (trouble sleeping) and anxiety.
- Naltrexone. This can assist individuals remain sober since it decreases yearnings and blocks the enjoyable and gratifying effects of alcohol if they do consume.
For How Long Is Stamford Alcohol Rehab?
The duration of alcohol rehab can vary by setting and your specific needs. Common treatment lengths for inpatient rehab are 28 to one month, 60 days, or 90 days. It can likewise be longer when it comes to a long-lasting domestic alcohol rehab center, which can last approximately a year. Outpatient rehab typically lasts 2 months to a year.
In a lot of cases, treatment doesn’t follow a basic timeline or set endpoint. Because addiction is a persistent, relapsing illness, lots of people discover it handy to go to support groups, therapy sessions, or other continuing care after formal rehab has ended.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Facilities near Santa Clara
How to Select an Alcohol Rehab Center in Stamford
You ought to discover as much as you can about different alcohol rehab centers so you can pick the one that finest fits your healing needs and goals. A medical professional or other addiction professional can examine you and your drinking practices and provide guidance about the right treatment choices for you.
Aspects to think about when choosing rehab centers for alcohol include:
- Cost. There’s no set expense for rehab; it can differ by facility, area, amenities, and other elements. And even if you have insurance, you may still need to pay some out-of-pocket costs.
- Location. You might prefer to stay near home to be near your assistance network, go to virtual rehab, or you might discover it valuable to travel to another part of the country to get some distance from your triggers and focus exclusively on your recovery.
- Features. Different facilities provide various amenities; some may have a more bare-bones technique, while luxury facilities may have a more high end feeling and use a vast array of high-end facilities.
- Insurance. Protection can differ by strategy, so it’s an excellent idea to contact your insurance provider about what they will and will not cover.
- Level of care needed. This can vary depending on your evaluation. For example, you might require a higher level of care if you have a co-occurring physical or mental health disorder.
Does Connecticut Insurance Cover Alcohol Rehab?
This can depend on your strategy, however, in general, the majority of strategies do cover some kind of addiction treatment. The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) of 2008 states that insurance plans need to offer the very same level of advantages for mental health and substance use treatment and services that they provide for medical and surgical care.
Various elements may affect your coverage, such as the level of medical care and the setting for the program you selected, along with area, program length, features, your specific strategy, and other considerations. Triggr Health is in-network with numerous typical insurance strategies, and we provide an easy way for you to immediately inspect your benefits online.
Can I Get Alcohol Rehab in Stamford without Insurance?
Expense needs to not stop you from seeking help. There are other payment choices if you do not have insurance or your insurance does not cover rehab, such as:
- Utilizing payment plans, sliding scales, or scholarships. Some rehabilitations offer various types of financial assistance based on your financial requirement or ability to pay.
- Going to a facility with public funding. You may have the ability to discover free or low-priced rehab choices; it is essential to be aware that states have funds set aside to assist people without insurance.
- Applying for Medicare or Medicaid. Medicare is a federal health insurance program for people aged 65 and older or specific younger people who satisfy eligibility requirements. Medicaid is the government-funded health insurance prepare for individuals with low earnings who satisfy eligibility requirements.
- Paying out-of-pocket. For instance, you may use savings or ask family or buddies for help.
- Getting loans. You might take out loans to cover some or all of the expense of treatment.
- Alcoholic Anonymous or comparable mutual assistance groups. Recent evidence recommends AA and other totally free shared help groups based upon 12-step assistance can be as effective as other well‐established treatments for attaining abstaining and other alcohol‐related results such as drinking effects, drinking intensity, and addiction seriousness.
How to Find an Alcohol Rehab Center Near Me in Stamford
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to Stamford alcohol treatment. A treatment center should think about all of your distinct needs to offer the best assistance possible. Triggr Health uses evidence-based alcohol rehab in areas across the country, so you’re never ever far from the help you require.
If you or someone you appreciate are having a hard time, please connect to our helpline at (844) 569-1713 to speak to among our caring admissions navigators about your alternatives.
51 Schuyler Ave Ste 330
Stamford, CT 06902