St Petersburg Rehab Centers for Alcohol Addiction
Learn more about the types of alcohol rehab, how long they last, medications that may be utilized, insurance alternatives, and how to select the ideal St Petersburg alcohol rehab for you.
If you or someone you care about are struggling with alcohol addiction, also referred to as alcohol use disorder (AUD), you might feel stressed and not know where to turn. The good news is that AUD is a treatable disorder. Knowing that assistance is available, understanding your rehab choices, and learning how to discover the best alcohol rehab for you can assist you feel less overwhelmed and more in control of your life.
Required suggestions or assistance about alcoholism? Don’t lose out on FREE 24/7 access to support. Get assistance when you require it and call us today at (844) 569-1713.
What Is an Alcohol Rehab Center?
An alcohol rehab center is a treatment facility that uses assistance, care, and therapy to individuals with alcohol use disorder, or AUD. Treatment is essential for numerous reasons. It can supply education about AUD, assist individuals safely stop drinking, deal with the underlying causes of addiction, and assist individuals learn healthier coping, tension management, and relapse prevention abilities so they can remain sober.
Treatment is offered in a variety of settings and at various levels of care, which can differ depending on your distinct recovery needs and issues. According to the National Institute on Substance Abuse (NIDA), efficient treatment should be customized to your private health and healing requirements and consider your mental health, social health, and any task or legal issues.
Individuals’s needs can change throughout the course of treatment, and they may go up and down in intensity and to different levels of care at alcohol treatment centers.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Locations in Lafayette
St Petersburg FL Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
Inpatient alcohol rehab suggests that you live onsite at a treatment facility for the length of treatment. This can include healthcare facilities, clinics, or other residential alcohol rehab facilities that offer 24-hour care.
This setting can be practical for a vast array of people, consisting of those with severe AUD, serious co-occurring disorders, those with a history of relapse, people with unsteady living situations or minimal transportation, and teens.
Kinds Of Inpatient Rehab
Typical inpatient treatment settings include:
- Long-lasting domestic rehab. This offers a steady living circumstance, a structured environment without interruption and activates (the people, locations, and things that make you want to consume), and helpful care for a longer amount of time. It can be low or high strength. It’s appropriate for people without steady homes or supportive families, or those with severe addictions or co-occurring disorders.
- Short-term property treatment. This usually takes place in a health center, medical center, or other facility that offers 24/7 medical oversight. These facilities generally use alcohol detox services to assist manage alcohol withdrawal symptoms, in addition to rehab treatment.
- Sober living homes. These are likewise known as recovery real estate, transitional housing, or halfway houses. They use short-term transitional housing and various types of support to individuals who have actually recently completed a rehab program and are transitioning back to their daily lives.
Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
Outpatient alcohol rehab offers treatment services at a health clinic, neighborhood mental health center, freestanding substance use rehab center, or hospital. You live at home and travel to the facility for treatment services on a routine schedule. Some outpatient programs provide some or all of its programs through remote or virtual rehab delivered through telehealth.
Individuals who may gain from outpatient treatment centers for alcohol consist of those who are stepping down from inpatient treatment or individuals with less severe addictions, good health, strong social supports, trusted transportation, and steady living environments. Outpatient rehab can occur at different levels of intensity.
Kinds Of Outpatient Rehab
- Common types of outpatient alcohol rehab centers include:
- Standard outpatient, where you have routine workplace sees for counseling and treatment medicines, if needed. Basic outpatient programs generally need attending treatment 1 to 3 times weekly, though some meet every day.
- Intensive outpatient, or IOP. This is a higher level of strength that offers between 9 and 20 hours of structured programs weekly.
- Partial hospitalization, or PHP. This is the most extreme level of outpatient care. It includes participating in treatment every day for at least 6 hours daily.
Alcohol Treatment Medicines
Medications might be utilized in an alcohol treatment program to assist people stop drinking and avoid relapse. Some common medications include:
- Disulfiram. This medicine can help individuals avoid alcohol use while in healing due to the fact that it causes unpleasant symptoms if you consume.
- Acamprosate. This helps people maintain abstinence and prevent relapse. It helps reduce undesirable symptoms that might often occur with ongoing abstinence, such as insomnia (problem sleeping) and stress and anxiety.
- Naltrexone. This can assist people stay sober due to the fact that it minimizes cravings and obstructs the enjoyable and satisfying effects of alcohol if they do consume.
For How Long Is St Petersburg Alcohol Rehab?
The period of alcohol rehab can vary by setting and your specific requirements. Common treatment lengths for inpatient rehab are 28 to 30 days, 60 days, or 90 days. It can likewise be longer in the case of a long-lasting residential alcohol rehab center, which can last as much as a year. Outpatient rehab generally lasts 2 months to a year.
Oftentimes, treatment does not follow a basic timeline or set endpoint. Given that addiction is a chronic, relapsing illness, many individuals find it handy to participate in support groups, therapy sessions, or other continuing care after official rehab has ended.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Locations near Winter Haven
How to Choose an Alcohol Rehab Center in St Petersburg
You ought to discover as much as you can about various alcohol rehab centers so you can select the one that finest fits your healing requirements and objectives. A medical professional or other addiction professional can examine you and your drinking habits and use suggestions about the ideal treatment choices for you.
Elements to think about when selecting rehab centers for alcohol consist of:
- Cost. There’s no set cost for rehab; it can differ by facility, place, features, and other factors. And even if you have insurance, you may still need to pay some out-of-pocket costs.
- Place. You might choose to remain near to house to be near your assistance network, attend virtual rehab, or you might discover it practical to take a trip to another part of the country to get some distance from your triggers and focus exclusively on your recovery.
- Features. Various facilities offer various facilities; some might have a more bare-bones method, while high-end centers may have a more high end feeling and use a wide variety of high-end amenities.
- Insurance. Coverage can differ by plan, so it’s a great concept to check with your insurer about what they will and will not cover.
- Level of care required. This can vary depending on your evaluation. For instance, you may require a greater level of care if you have a co-occurring physical or mental health disorder.
Does Florida Insurance Cover Alcohol Rehab?
This can depend upon your strategy, however, in general, a lot of strategies do cover some form of addiction treatment. The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) of 2008 states that insurance plans need to offer the exact same level of advantages for mental health and substance use treatment and services that they do for medical and surgical care.
Different elements may impact your coverage, such as the level of healthcare and the setting for the program you chose, as well as location, program length, facilities, your particular plan, and other factors to consider. Triggr Health is in-network with numerous common insurance plans, and we provide a simple way for you to immediately examine your benefits online.
Can I Get Alcohol Rehab in St Petersburg without Insurance?
Expense ought to not stop you from seeking aid. There are other payment options if you don’t have insurance or your insurance doesn’t cover rehab, such as:
- Utilizing payment plans, moving scales, or scholarships. Some rehabs offer different types of financial assistance based on your monetary requirement or ability to pay.
- Going to a facility with public funding. You might have the ability to find complimentary or low-priced rehab options; it is essential to be mindful that states have actually funds reserved to assist individuals without insurance.
- Applying for Medicare or Medicaid. Medicare is a federal health insurance program for people aged 65 and older or particular younger people who satisfy eligibility requirements. Medicaid is the government-funded health insurance plan for individuals with low earnings who satisfy eligibility requirements.
- Paying out-of-pocket. For example, you might use cost savings or ask family or buddies for aid.
- Securing loans. You may get loans to cover some or all of the expense of treatment.
- Alcoholic Anonymous or similar mutual assistance groups. Current evidence recommends AA and other totally free mutual aid groups based on 12-step assistance can be as efficient as other well‐established treatments for achieving abstinence and other alcohol‐related results such as drinking effects, drinking strength, and addiction intensity.
How to Find an Alcohol Rehab Center Near Me in St Petersburg
There is no one-size-fits-all method to St Petersburg alcohol treatment. A treatment center ought to think about all of your distinct needs to provide the best support possible. Triggr Health uses evidence-based alcohol rehab in locations across the country, so you’re never ever far from the assistance you need.
If you or somebody you care about are having a hard time, please reach out to our helpline at (844) 569-1713 to speak with one of our caring admissions navigators about your alternatives.
620 10th St Suite C280
St Petersburg, FL 33705