Portland Rehab Centers for Alcohol Addiction
Learn about the kinds of alcohol rehab, for how long they last, medications that might be utilized, insurance choices, and how to choose the right Portland alcohol rehab for you.
If you or someone you care about are struggling with alcoholism, likewise known as alcohol use disorder (AUD), you may feel stressed and not know where to turn. The bright side is that AUD is a treatable disorder. Knowing that assistance is offered, understanding your rehab options, and discovering how to discover the very best alcohol rehab for you can help you feel less overwhelmed and more in control of your life.
Need advice or assistance about alcoholism? Do not miss out on FREE 24/7 access to support. Get assistance when you need it and call us today at (844) 569-1713.
What Is an Alcohol Rehab Center?
An alcohol rehab center is a treatment facility that provides support, care, and therapy to people with alcohol use disorder, or AUD. Treatment is essential for several reasons. It can supply education about AUD, help people safely stop drinking, deal with the underlying reasons for addiction, and assist people learn much healthier coping, stress management, and relapse prevention abilities so they can stay sober.
Treatment is provided in a range of settings and at various levels of care, which can differ depending upon your unique healing needs and issues. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), effective treatment should be customized to your individual health and recovery needs and consider your mental health, social health, and any task or legal concerns.
Individuals’s requirements can change throughout the course of treatment, and they may move up and down in intensity and to various levels of care at alcohol treatment centers.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Centers near Gainesville
Portland ME Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
Inpatient alcohol rehab means that you live onsite at a treatment facility for the length of treatment. This can consist of hospitals, centers, or other domestic alcohol rehab centers that offer 24-hour care.
This setting can be valuable for a wide variety of individuals, including those with severe AUD, major co-occurring disorders, those with a history of relapse, individuals with unsteady living situations or minimal transport, and teens.
Types of Inpatient Rehab
Common inpatient treatment settings consist of:
- Long-term residential rehab. This provides a stable living situation, a structured environment without diversion and sets off (individuals, places, and things that make you wish to drink), and encouraging take care of a longer period of time. It can be low or high strength. It’s appropriate for people without stable homes or helpful families, or those with severe dependencies or co-occurring disorders.
- Short-term residential treatment. This usually occurs in a medical facility, medical clinic, or other facility that uses 24/7 medical oversight. These centers usually provide alcohol detox services to assist manage alcohol withdrawal symptoms, as well as rehab treatment.
- Sober living homes. These are also referred to as recovery real estate, transitional real estate, or halfway homes. They offer short-term transitional real estate and various kinds of assistance to individuals who have actually recently finished a rehab program and are transitioning back to their day-to-day lives.
Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
Outpatient alcohol rehab provides treatment services at a health center, neighborhood mental health center, freestanding substance use rehab center, or hospital. You live in the house and travel to the facility for treatment services on a regular schedule. Some outpatient programs use some or all of its programming via remote or virtual rehab delivered via telehealth.
People who may gain from outpatient treatment centers for alcohol include those who are stepping down from inpatient treatment or individuals with less severe addictions, good health, strong social supports, dependable transport, and stable living environments. Outpatient rehab can happen at different levels of intensity.
Kinds Of Outpatient Rehab
- Common types of outpatient alcohol rehab centers consist of:
- Requirement outpatient, where you have regular office check outs for therapy and treatment medications, if essential. Basic outpatient programs typically require going to treatment 1 to 3 times each week, though some fulfill every day.
- Extensive outpatient, or IOP. This is a higher level of strength that offers in between 9 and 20 hours of structured programming per week.
- Partial hospitalization, or PHP. This is the most extreme level of outpatient care. It includes participating in treatment every day for a minimum of 6 hours each day.
Alcohol Treatment Medicines
Medications might be used in an alcohol treatment program to assist people stop drinking and avoid relapse. Some common medications consist of:
- Disulfiram. This medicine can help people avoid alcohol use while in recovery due to the fact that it triggers unpleasant symptoms if you consume.
- Acamprosate. This helps people preserve abstaining and prevent relapse. It helps in reducing unpleasant symptoms that might often occur with continuous abstinence, such as insomnia (problem sleeping) and stress and anxiety.
- Naltrexone. This can help individuals stay sober since it minimizes cravings and obstructs the satisfying and rewarding effects of alcohol if they do drink.
The Length Of Time Is Portland Alcohol Rehab?
The duration of alcohol rehab can vary by setting and your private requirements. Typical treatment lengths for inpatient rehab are 28 to thirty days, 60 days, or 90 days. It can also be longer when it comes to a long-lasting domestic alcohol rehab center, which can last approximately a year. Outpatient rehab usually lasts 2 months to a year.
In many cases, treatment does not follow a basic timeline or set endpoint. Considering that addiction is a chronic, relapsing illness, many people find it handy to attend support system, therapy sessions, or other continuing care after official rehab has actually ended.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Locations near Green Bay
How to Pick an Alcohol Rehab Center in Portland
You need to discover as much as you can about different alcohol rehab centers so you can select the one that best fits your recovery requirements and objectives. A medical professional or other addiction professional can examine you and your drinking habits and provide guidance about the right treatment alternatives for you.
Factors to consider when selecting rehab centers for alcohol consist of:
- Expense. There’s no set expense for rehab; it can vary by facility, area, features, and other factors. And even if you have insurance, you might still have to pay some out-of-pocket expenses.
- Area. You might choose to remain near to home to be near your assistance network, attend virtual rehab, or you might find it useful to take a trip to another part of the country to get some range from your triggers and focus entirely on your healing.
- Features. Various centers use various features; some may have a more bare-bones approach, while high-end centers may have a more high end sensation and provide a large range of high-end features.
- Insurance. Protection can differ by plan, so it’s a good concept to contact your insurance company about what they will and won’t cover.
- Level of care needed. This can vary depending on your assessment. For example, you may require a greater level of care if you have a co-occurring physical or mental health disorder.
Does Maine Insurance Cover Alcohol Rehab?
This can depend upon your plan, but, in basic, the majority of strategies do cover some form of addiction treatment. The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) of 2008 states that insurance plans must provide the same level of advantages for mental health and substance use treatment and services that they do for medical and surgical care.
Various aspects might impact your protection, such as the level of healthcare and the setting for the program you selected, in addition to location, program length, amenities, your particular strategy, and other considerations. Triggr Health is in-network with numerous typical insurance plans, and we offer an easy method for you to instantly examine your advantages online.
Can I Get Alcohol Rehab in Portland without Insurance?
Expense should not stop you from looking for aid. There are other payment options if you do not have insurance or your insurance doesn’t cover rehab, such as:
- Utilizing payment plans, moving scales, or scholarships. Some rehabilitations provide various forms of financial help based on your monetary requirement or ability to pay.
- Going to a facility with public financing. You may be able to find totally free or inexpensive rehab choices; it is very important to be conscious that states have funds set aside to assist individuals without insurance.
- Making an application for Medicare or Medicaid. Medicare is a federal health insurance program for people aged 65 and older or certain more youthful people who satisfy eligibility requirements. Medicaid is the government-funded medical insurance prepare for individuals with low incomes who meet eligibility requirements.
- Paying out-of-pocket. For example, you may use savings or ask family or pals for assistance.
- Taking out loans. You might get loans to cover some or all of the expense of treatment.
- Alcoholic Anonymous or comparable mutual assistance groups. Current proof suggests AA and other free mutual help groups based upon 12-step facilitation can be as efficient as other well‐established treatments for achieving abstaining and other alcohol‐related results such as drinking repercussions, drinking intensity, and addiction seriousness.
How to Discover an Alcohol Rehab Center Near Me in Portland
There is no one-size-fits-all technique to Portland alcohol treatment. A treatment center ought to think about all of your distinct needs to provide the best assistance possible. Triggr Health provides evidence-based alcohol rehab in places throughout the country, so you’re never far from the help you require.
If you or somebody you appreciate are having a hard time, please reach out to our helpline at (844) 569-1713 to talk to one of our caring admissions navigators about your options.
175 Fore River Pkwy Suite 368
Portland, ME 04102