Palo Alto Rehab Centers for Alcohol Addiction
Find out about the types of alcohol rehab, how long they last, medications that might be utilized, insurance options, and how to choose the ideal Palo Alto alcohol rehab for you.
If you or someone you appreciate are dealing with alcoholism, likewise referred to as alcohol use disorder (AUD), you might feel stressed out and not understand where to turn. The bright side is that AUD is a treatable disorder. Knowing that assistance is readily available, comprehending your rehab choices, and learning how to find the best alcohol rehab for you can assist you feel less overwhelmed and more in control of your life.
Need suggestions or assistance about alcohol addiction? Don’t lose out on FREE 24/7 access to support. Get aid when you need it and call us today at (844) 569-1713.
What Is an Alcohol Rehab Center?
An alcohol rehab center is a treatment facility that uses assistance, care, and therapy to individuals with alcohol use disorder, or AUD. Treatment is necessary for several factors. It can offer education about AUD, assist people safely stop drinking, deal with the underlying causes of addiction, and assist people learn much healthier coping, tension management, and relapse prevention abilities so they can stay sober.
Treatment is offered in a range of settings and at various levels of care, which can vary depending upon your special healing needs and concerns. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), effective treatment must be customized to your specific health and recovery needs and consider your mental health, social health, and any job or legal issues.
Individuals’s needs can change throughout the course of treatment, and they may move up and down in strength and to different levels of care at alcohol treatment centers.
Palo Alto CA Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
Inpatient alcohol rehab implies that you live onsite at a treatment facility for the length of treatment. This can consist of healthcare facilities, centers, or other property alcohol rehab centers that use 24-hour care.
This setting can be practical for a vast array of individuals, including those with severe AUD, serious co-occurring disorders, those with a history of relapse, people with unstable living scenarios or restricted transport, and teenagers.
Types of Inpatient Rehab
Common inpatient treatment settings consist of:
- Long-lasting residential rehab. This offers a steady living circumstance, a structured environment without distraction and activates (the people, places, and things that make you want to consume), and helpful look after a longer time period. It can be low or high strength. It’s well-suited for individuals without stable houses or helpful households, or those with severe dependencies or co-occurring disorders.
- Short-term property treatment. This usually occurs in a medical facility, medical clinic, or other facility that offers 24/7 medical oversight. These facilities generally use alcohol detox services to help manage alcohol withdrawal symptoms, in addition to rehab treatment.
- Sober living homes. These are likewise known as healing housing, transitional real estate, or midway homes. They offer short-term transitional housing and different types of assistance to people who have actually just recently finished a rehab program and are transitioning back to their everyday lives.
Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
Outpatient alcohol rehab offers treatment services at a health clinic, community mental university hospital, freestanding substance use rehab center, or medical facility. You live at home and travel to the facility for treatment services on a regular schedule. Some outpatient programs use some or all of its shows through remote or virtual rehab delivered by means of telehealth.
Individuals who may gain from outpatient treatment centers for alcohol include those who are stepping down from inpatient treatment or people with less severe addictions, health, strong social assistances, reputable transportation, and steady living environments. Outpatient rehab can happen at different levels of strength.
Kinds Of Outpatient Rehab
- Typical types of outpatient alcohol rehab centers include:
- Standard outpatient, where you have regular workplace check outs for therapy and treatment medications, if necessary. Standard outpatient programs normally require going to treatment 1 to 3 times weekly, though some satisfy every day.
- Extensive outpatient, or IOP. This is a higher level of intensity that offers between 9 and 20 hours of structured shows each week.
- Partial hospitalization, or PHP. This is the most intense level of outpatient care. It includes going to treatment every day for a minimum of 6 hours each day.
Alcohol Treatment Medications
Medications may be utilized in an alcohol treatment program to help individuals stop drinking and prevent relapse. Some typical medications include:
- Disulfiram. This medicine can assist people avoid alcohol use while in recovery since it triggers undesirable symptoms if you drink.
- Acamprosate. This assists people maintain abstinence and prevent relapse. It helps reduce undesirable symptoms that may often accompany continuous abstaining, such as insomnia (difficulty sleeping) and anxiety.
- Naltrexone. This can assist individuals stay sober because it decreases cravings and obstructs the pleasant and gratifying effects of alcohol if they do drink.
The Length Of Time Is Palo Alto Alcohol Rehab?
The period of alcohol rehab can vary by setting and your individual needs. Common treatment lengths for inpatient rehab are 28 to one month, 60 days, or 90 days. It can also be longer when it comes to a long-lasting residential alcohol rehab center, which can last as much as a year. Outpatient rehab normally lasts 2 months to a year.
In a lot of cases, treatment doesn’t follow a standard timeline or set endpoint. Considering that addiction is a chronic, relapsing illness, lots of people discover it valuable to attend support groups, therapy sessions, or other continuing care after official rehab has actually ended.
How to Select an Alcohol Rehab Center in Palo Alto
You must learn as much as you can about various alcohol rehab centers so you can choose the one that finest fits your healing needs and objectives. A physician or other addiction professional can assess you and your drinking habits and provide recommendations about the best treatment choices for you.
Elements to consider when choosing rehab centers for alcohol include:
- Expense. There’s no set cost for rehab; it can differ by facility, place, facilities, and other aspects. And even if you have insurance, you may still need to pay some out-of-pocket expenses.
- Place. You might prefer to remain near to home to be near your support network, participate in virtual rehab, or you may find it handy to travel to another part of the country to get some range from your triggers and focus exclusively on your recovery.
- Amenities. Various centers provide different amenities; some might have a more bare-bones technique, while high-end centers might have a more high end feeling and offer a wide range of high-end amenities.
- Insurance. Protection can differ by strategy, so it’s a great idea to contact your insurance provider about what they will and will not cover.
- Level of care needed. This can vary depending upon your assessment. For example, you may require a greater level of care if you have a co-occurring physical or mental health disorder.
Does California Insurance Cover Alcohol Rehab?
This can depend upon your strategy, however, in general, most plans do cover some kind of addiction treatment. The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) of 2008 says that insurance strategies should supply the exact same level of advantages for mental health and substance use treatment and services that they provide for medical and surgical care.
Different elements might impact your coverage, such as the level of healthcare and the setting for the program you selected, as well as area, program length, amenities, your specific plan, and other factors to consider. Triggr Health is in-network with many typical insurance plans, and we provide an easy way for you to immediately examine your advantages online.
Can I Get Alcohol Rehab in Palo Alto without Insurance?
Cost must not stop you from seeking help. There are other payment options if you don’t have insurance or your insurance does not cover rehab, such as:
- Utilizing payment plans, moving scales, or scholarships. Some rehabilitations use various kinds of monetary help based upon your financial requirement or ability to pay.
- Going to a facility with public financing. You might be able to discover totally free or low-priced rehab alternatives; it is essential to be mindful that states have actually funds reserved to help individuals without insurance.
- Getting Medicare or Medicaid. Medicare is a federal health insurance program for people aged 65 and older or certain younger people who meet eligibility requirements. Medicaid is the government-funded medical insurance plan for individuals with low incomes who fulfill eligibility requirements.
- Paying out-of-pocket. For example, you might use savings or ask family or good friends for help.
- Securing loans. You might take out loans to cover some or all of the cost of treatment.
- Alcoholic Anonymous or similar shared aid groups. Recent evidence recommends AA and other complimentary shared aid groups based upon 12-step facilitation can be as reliable as other well‐established treatments for attaining abstaining and other alcohol‐related results such as drinking consequences, drinking strength, and addiction intensity.
How to Discover an Alcohol Rehab Center Near Me in Palo Alto
There is no one-size-fits-all technique to Palo Alto alcohol treatment. A treatment center should consider all of your special requirements to supply the best assistance possible. Triggr Health uses evidence-based alcohol rehab in locations across the nation, so you’re never far from the help you require.
If you or someone you appreciate are having a hard time, please connect to our helpline at (844) 569-1713 to speak with one of our caring admissions navigators about your choices.
49 Wells Ave #464
Palo Alto, CA 94301
[google-map location=”Palo Alto CA” width=”500″ height=”500″ float=”left”]