North Charleston Rehab Centers for Alcoholism
Find out about the types of alcohol rehab, how long they last, medications that may be used, insurance alternatives, and how to pick the right North Charleston alcohol rehab for you.
If you or someone you care about are having problem with alcohol addiction, also referred to as alcohol use disorder (AUD), you might feel stressed out and not know where to turn. The good news is that AUD is a treatable disorder. Knowing that aid is available, understanding your rehab options, and finding out how to find the very best alcohol rehab for you can assist you feel less overwhelmed and more in control of your life.
Need advice or support about alcoholism? Don’t lose out on FREE 24/7 access to support. Get assistance when you require it and call us today at (844) 569-1713.
What Is an Alcohol Rehab Center?
An alcohol rehab center is a treatment facility that provides assistance, care, and therapy to individuals with alcohol use disorder, or AUD. Treatment is essential for a number of factors. It can provide education about AUD, assist people safely stop drinking, deal with the underlying causes of addiction, and assist individuals learn healthier coping, stress management, and relapse prevention skills so they can stay sober.
Treatment is used in a variety of settings and at different levels of care, which can vary depending upon your special recovery requirements and issues. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), reliable treatment ought to be customized to your specific health and healing needs and consider your mental health, social health, and any job or legal concerns.
Individuals’s needs can alter throughout the course of treatment, and they might move up and down in intensity and to various levels of care at alcohol treatment centers.
North Charleston SC Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
Inpatient alcohol rehab indicates that you live onsite at a treatment facility for the length of treatment. This can include health centers, clinics, or other residential alcohol rehab facilities that offer 24-hour care.
This setting can be handy for a wide range of individuals, consisting of those with severe AUD, serious co-occurring disorders, those with a history of relapse, people with unstable living circumstances or limited transportation, and teenagers.
Kinds Of Inpatient Rehab
Common inpatient treatment settings include:
- Long-term property rehab. This uses a steady living scenario, a structured environment free of distraction and sets off (individuals, locations, and things that make you wish to consume), and supportive care for a longer amount of time. It can be low or high strength. It’s well-suited for people without stable houses or encouraging families, or those with severe dependencies or co-occurring disorders.
- Short-term property treatment. This usually happens in a medical facility, medical center, or other facility that offers 24/7 medical oversight. These centers generally offer alcohol detox services to assist handle alcohol withdrawal symptoms, along with rehab treatment.
- Sober living houses. These are likewise referred to as healing housing, transitional real estate, or midway houses. They use short-term transitional real estate and various kinds of assistance to people who have actually just recently finished a rehab program and are transitioning back to their daily lives.
Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
Outpatient alcohol rehab offers treatment services at a health clinic, neighborhood mental health center, freestanding substance use rehab center, or healthcare facility. You live at home and travel to the facility for treatment services on a routine schedule. Some outpatient programs provide some or all of its programs through remote or virtual rehab delivered through telehealth.
Individuals who might take advantage of outpatient treatment centers for alcohol consist of those who are stepping down from inpatient treatment or people with less severe addictions, health, strong social assistances, dependable transport, and stable living environments. Outpatient rehab can occur at different levels of intensity.
Types of Outpatient Rehab
- Common kinds of outpatient alcohol rehab centers consist of:
- Standard outpatient, where you have routine office sees for counseling and treatment medicines, if needed. Standard outpatient programs normally require going to treatment 1 to 3 times each week, though some meet every day.
- Intensive outpatient, or IOP. This is a higher level of strength that provides in between 9 and 20 hours of structured programs per week.
- Partial hospitalization, or PHP. This is the most intense level of outpatient care. It involves participating in treatment every day for at least 6 hours per day.
Alcohol Treatment Medicines
Medications might be utilized in an alcohol treatment program to help people stop drinking and avoid relapse. Some common medications consist of:
- Disulfiram. This medicine can help individuals avoid alcohol use while in healing since it causes unpleasant symptoms if you drink.
- Acamprosate. This helps people keep abstaining and avoid relapse. It helps reduce undesirable symptoms that may often accompany continuous abstaining, such as sleeping disorders (problem sleeping) and stress and anxiety.
- Naltrexone. This can help people remain sober due to the fact that it lowers yearnings and blocks the pleasant and rewarding effects of alcohol if they do consume.
How Long Is North Charleston Alcohol Rehab?
The duration of alcohol rehab can differ by setting and your specific needs. Common treatment lengths for inpatient rehab are 28 to 1 month, 60 days, or 90 days. It can also be longer when it comes to a long-term domestic alcohol rehab center, which can last approximately a year. Outpatient rehab generally lasts 2 months to a year.
In a lot of cases, treatment does not follow a basic timeline or set endpoint. Because addiction is a chronic, relapsing illness, many individuals find it helpful to attend support groups, therapy sessions, or other continuing care after formal rehab has actually ended.
How to Pick an Alcohol Rehab Center in North Charleston
You should learn as much as you can about various alcohol rehab centers so you can select the one that finest fits your healing needs and objectives. A doctor or other addiction professional can assess you and your drinking practices and use suggestions about the ideal treatment alternatives for you.
Elements to think about when selecting rehab centers for alcohol consist of:
- Expense. There’s no set cost for rehab; it can differ by facility, area, amenities, and other elements. And even if you have insurance, you may still need to pay some out-of-pocket expenses.
- Area. You may prefer to remain near to house to be near your assistance network, participate in virtual rehab, or you may find it helpful to travel to another part of the country to get some range from your triggers and focus entirely on your healing.
- Facilities. Different facilities use various features; some might have a more bare-bones method, while luxury centers may have a more upscale feeling and provide a wide range of high-end features.
- Insurance. Coverage can vary by plan, so it’s a good concept to consult your insurance company about what they will and will not cover.
- Level of care needed. This can differ depending upon your evaluation. For example, you might need a greater level of care if you have a co-occurring physical or mental health disorder.
Does South Carolina Insurance Cover Alcohol Rehab?
This can depend on your plan, however, in basic, most strategies do cover some form of addiction treatment. The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) of 2008 says that insurance strategies must provide the exact same level of advantages for mental health and substance use treatment and services that they provide for medical and surgical care.
Various elements may affect your coverage, such as the level of healthcare and the setting for the program you selected, along with place, program length, amenities, your particular plan, and other factors to consider. Triggr Health is in-network with lots of typical insurance plans, and we offer a simple way for you to quickly examine your advantages online.
Can I Get Alcohol Rehab in North Charleston without Insurance?
Cost must not stop you from looking for assistance. There are other payment alternatives if you don’t have insurance or your insurance doesn’t cover rehab, such as:
- Utilizing payment plans, sliding scales, or scholarships. Some rehabs offer different kinds of monetary help based upon your monetary need or ability to pay.
- Going to a facility with public funding. You might be able to find free or low-priced rehab options; it is necessary to be mindful that states have funds set aside to help individuals without insurance.
- Getting Medicare or Medicaid. Medicare is a federal medical insurance program for individuals aged 65 and older or particular more youthful individuals who fulfill eligibility requirements. Medicaid is the government-funded health insurance plan for people with low earnings who meet eligibility requirements.
- Paying out-of-pocket. For instance, you might use savings or ask family or friends for help.
- Securing loans. You might secure loans to cover some or all of the expense of treatment.
- Alcoholic Anonymous or comparable shared aid groups. Recent proof suggests AA and other free mutual assistance groups based on 12-step facilitation can be as effective as other well‐established treatments for attaining abstaining and other alcohol‐related outcomes such as drinking effects, drinking strength, and addiction severity.
How to Find an Alcohol Rehab Center Near Me in North Charleston
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to North Charleston alcohol treatment. A treatment center must think about all of your distinct needs to supply the best support possible. Triggr Health provides evidence-based alcohol rehab in locations across the country, so you’re never ever far from the assistance you require.
If you or somebody you care about are struggling, please connect to our helpline at (844) 569-1713 to talk to one of our caring admissions navigators about your alternatives.
2150 Northwoods Blvd Suite C153
North Charleston, SC 29406
[google-map location=”North Charleston SC” width=”500″ height=”500″ float=”left”]