New Orleans Rehab Centers for Alcohol Addiction
Learn about the types of alcohol rehab, how long they last, medications that might be used, insurance alternatives, and how to select the best New Orleans alcohol rehab for you.
If you or somebody you care about are having problem with alcohol addiction, also called alcohol use disorder (AUD), you may feel stressed out and not know where to turn. The bright side is that AUD is a treatable disorder. Understanding that aid is offered, understanding your rehab alternatives, and discovering how to discover the very best alcohol rehab for you can assist you feel less overloaded and more in control of your life.
Need recommendations or assistance about alcohol addiction? Don’t lose out on FREE 24/7 access to support. Get aid when you require it and call us today at (844) 569-1713.
What Is an Alcohol Rehab Center?
An alcohol rehab center is a treatment facility that offers support, care, and therapy to individuals with alcohol use disorder, or AUD. Treatment is important for several factors. It can offer education about AUD, assist individuals safely stop drinking, attend to the underlying causes of addiction, and assist people find out healthier coping, tension management, and relapse prevention abilities so they can remain sober.
Treatment is provided in a range of settings and at various levels of care, which can vary depending on your unique healing needs and concerns. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), effective treatment needs to be tailored to your individual health and healing requirements and consider your mental health, social health, and any job or legal concerns.
People’s requirements can change throughout the course of treatment, and they might go up and down in intensity and to various levels of care at alcohol treatment centers.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Centers in Louisville
New Orleans LA Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
Inpatient alcohol rehab suggests that you live onsite at a treatment facility for the length of treatment. This can consist of hospitals, centers, or other property alcohol rehab facilities that provide 24-hour care.
This setting can be helpful for a large range of people, consisting of those with severe AUD, serious co-occurring disorders, those with a history of relapse, individuals with unsteady living circumstances or restricted transportation, and teenagers.
Types of Inpatient Rehab
Common inpatient treatment settings consist of:
- Long-lasting domestic rehab. This uses a steady living circumstance, a structured environment devoid of diversion and triggers (individuals, locations, and things that make you wish to drink), and helpful take care of a longer period of time. It can be low or high intensity. It’s appropriate for people without stable houses or helpful households, or those with severe dependencies or co-occurring disorders.
- Short-term residential treatment. This usually happens in a medical facility, medical center, or other facility that offers 24/7 medical oversight. These facilities typically offer alcohol detox services to assist handle alcohol withdrawal symptoms, in addition to rehab treatment.
- Sober living houses. These are also known as recovery real estate, transitional housing, or halfway homes. They provide short-term transitional real estate and different kinds of assistance to individuals who have just recently finished a rehab program and are transitioning back to their everyday lives.
Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
Outpatient alcohol rehab offers treatment services at a health center, neighborhood mental university hospital, freestanding substance use rehab center, or hospital. You live at home and travel to the facility for treatment services on a regular schedule. Some outpatient programs use some or all of its programs through remote or virtual rehab provided via telehealth.
Individuals who might take advantage of outpatient treatment centers for alcohol include those who are stepping down from inpatient treatment or individuals with less severe dependencies, health, strong social assistances, dependable transport, and stable living environments. Outpatient rehab can happen at different levels of strength.
Kinds Of Outpatient Rehab
- Common types of outpatient alcohol rehab centers include:
- Standard outpatient, where you have routine workplace gos to for counseling and treatment medicines, if necessary. Basic outpatient programs usually require participating in treatment 1 to 3 times each week, though some meet every day.
- Extensive outpatient, or IOP. This is a greater level of strength that provides in between 9 and 20 hours of structured programming weekly.
- Partial hospitalization, or PHP. This is the most intense level of outpatient care. It involves going to treatment every day for at least 6 hours per day.
Alcohol Treatment Medicines
Medications may be used in an alcohol treatment program to assist individuals stop drinking and prevent relapse. Some common medications consist of:
- Disulfiram. This medicine can assist people refrain from alcohol use while in recovery since it causes unpleasant symptoms if you drink.
- Acamprosate. This helps individuals preserve abstaining and avoid relapse. It helps reduce unpleasant symptoms that might sometimes occur with ongoing abstinence, such as sleeping disorders (difficulty sleeping) and stress and anxiety.
- Naltrexone. This can help individuals stay sober since it decreases yearnings and blocks the pleasurable and gratifying effects of alcohol if they do consume.
How Long Is New Orleans Alcohol Rehab?
The duration of alcohol rehab can vary by setting and your specific requirements. Common treatment lengths for inpatient rehab are 28 to 1 month, 60 days, or 90 days. It can likewise be longer when it comes to a long-term property alcohol rehab center, which can last approximately a year. Outpatient rehab usually lasts 2 months to a year.
In many cases, treatment does not follow a basic timeline or set endpoint. Since addiction is a chronic, relapsing disease, many people discover it practical to participate in support system, therapy sessions, or other continuing care after formal rehab has actually ended.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Locations near Raleigh
How to Choose an Alcohol Rehab Center in New Orleans
You should discover as much as you can about different alcohol rehab centers so you can pick the one that best fits your healing requirements and objectives. A physician or other addiction professional can evaluate you and your drinking practices and provide recommendations about the right treatment alternatives for you.
Aspects to think about when choosing rehab centers for alcohol consist of:
- Cost. There’s no set cost for rehab; it can differ by facility, location, features, and other aspects. And even if you have insurance, you might still have to pay some out-of-pocket costs.
- Area. You might prefer to remain near to home to be near your assistance network, attend virtual rehab, or you might find it helpful to take a trip to another part of the country to get some distance from your triggers and focus solely on your healing.
- Features. Different facilities offer different facilities; some may have a more bare-bones approach, while luxury centers might have a more upscale sensation and provide a vast array of high-end features.
- Insurance. Protection can differ by strategy, so it’s an excellent concept to talk to your insurance provider about what they will and will not cover.
- Level of care needed. This can differ depending upon your evaluation. For example, you might require a higher level of care if you have a co-occurring physical or mental health disorder.
Does Louisiana Insurance Cover Alcohol Rehab?
This can depend upon your plan, however, in general, many strategies do cover some type of addiction treatment. The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) of 2008 says that insurance strategies need to offer the very same level of advantages for mental health and substance use treatment and services that they do for medical and surgical care.
Different factors might affect your protection, such as the level of treatment and the setting for the program you picked, along with area, program length, features, your particular plan, and other factors to consider. Triggr Health is in-network with lots of common insurance strategies, and we offer a simple way for you to quickly examine your advantages online.
Can I Get Alcohol Rehab in New Orleans without Insurance?
Expense must not stop you from seeking assistance. There are other payment options if you don’t have insurance or your insurance doesn’t cover rehab, such as:
- Using payment plans, moving scales, or scholarships. Some rehabs provide different kinds of monetary support based on your financial requirement or capability to pay.
- Going to a facility with public financing. You might have the ability to discover free or inexpensive rehab choices; it is very important to be aware that states have funds reserved to assist people without insurance.
- Applying for Medicare or Medicaid. Medicare is a federal medical insurance program for people aged 65 and older or particular more youthful individuals who meet eligibility requirements. Medicaid is the government-funded health insurance plan for people with low incomes who meet eligibility requirements.
- Paying out-of-pocket. For example, you might use cost savings or ask family or buddies for help.
- Taking out loans. You may get loans to cover some or all of the expense of treatment.
- Alcoholic Anonymous or comparable mutual aid groups. Recent proof recommends AA and other free mutual assistance groups based on 12-step facilitation can be as effective as other well‐established treatments for attaining abstaining and other alcohol‐related results such as drinking consequences, drinking intensity, and addiction severity.
How to Find an Alcohol Rehab Center Near Me in New Orleans
There is no one-size-fits-all technique to New Orleans alcohol treatment. A treatment center ought to consider all of your distinct needs to offer the very best support possible. Triggr Health offers evidence-based alcohol rehab in areas across the nation, so you’re never far from the assistance you need.
If you or somebody you appreciate are having a hard time, please connect to our helpline at (844) 569-1713 to speak with one of our caring admissions navigators about your alternatives.
3401 Behrman Pl Ste 393
New Orleans, LA 70114