Los Altos Rehab Centers for Alcohol Addiction
Discover the kinds of alcohol rehab, how long they last, medications that might be utilized, insurance choices, and how to choose the ideal Los Altos alcohol rehab for you.
If you or someone you care about are dealing with alcohol addiction, likewise known as alcohol use disorder (AUD), you may feel stressed out and not know where to turn. The bright side is that AUD is a treatable disorder. Understanding that aid is available, understanding your rehab choices, and discovering how to find the best alcohol rehab for you can assist you feel less overloaded and more in control of your life.
Required advice or assistance about alcoholism? Do not miss out on FREE 24/7 access to support. Get help when you need it and call us today at (844) 569-1713.
What Is an Alcohol Rehab Center?
An alcohol rehab center is a treatment facility that provides support, care, and therapy to people with alcohol use disorder, or AUD. Treatment is very important for several reasons. It can supply education about AUD, assist individuals safely stop drinking, address the underlying reasons for addiction, and help individuals discover much healthier coping, tension management, and relapse prevention skills so they can stay sober.
Treatment is used in a range of settings and at different levels of care, which can vary depending on your distinct healing requirements and concerns. According to the National Institute on Substance Abuse (NIDA), efficient treatment needs to be customized to your private health and healing needs and consider your mental health, social health, and any task or legal issues.
People’s needs can change throughout the course of treatment, and they might move up and down in intensity and to different levels of care at alcohol treatment centers.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Centers in Atascadero
Los Altos CA Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
Inpatient alcohol rehab means that you live onsite at a treatment facility for the length of treatment. This can consist of hospitals, clinics, or other residential alcohol rehab centers that offer 24-hour care.
This setting can be practical for a vast array of individuals, consisting of those with severe AUD, severe co-occurring disorders, those with a history of relapse, people with unsteady living situations or minimal transportation, and teenagers.
Kinds Of Inpatient Rehab
Typical inpatient treatment settings include:
- Long-term domestic rehab. This provides a stable living situation, a structured environment free of diversion and triggers (individuals, places, and things that make you want to drink), and supportive look after a longer amount of time. It can be low or high intensity. It’s appropriate for people without stable homes or helpful families, or those with severe addictions or co-occurring disorders.
- Short-term domestic treatment. This usually takes place in a healthcare facility, medical center, or other facility that provides 24/7 medical oversight. These centers usually offer alcohol detox services to assist handle alcohol withdrawal symptoms, in addition to rehab treatment.
- Sober living homes. These are likewise known as recovery real estate, transitional real estate, or midway homes. They provide short-term transitional real estate and various kinds of assistance to individuals who have just recently finished a rehab program and are transitioning back to their everyday lives.
Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
Outpatient alcohol rehab uses treatment services at a health center, community mental health center, freestanding substance use rehab center, or medical facility. You live in the house and travel to the facility for treatment services on a routine schedule. Some outpatient programs offer some or all of its shows via remote or virtual rehab provided via telehealth.
People who may benefit from outpatient treatment centers for alcohol consist of those who are stepping down from inpatient treatment or people with less severe dependencies, good health, strong social supports, trustworthy transportation, and stable living environments. Outpatient rehab can occur at different levels of intensity.
Kinds Of Outpatient Rehab
- Common kinds of outpatient alcohol rehab centers consist of:
- Standard outpatient, where you have regular office visits for therapy and treatment medicines, if essential. Standard outpatient programs typically need going to treatment 1 to 3 times per week, though some satisfy every day.
- Extensive outpatient, or IOP. This is a greater level of intensity that supplies in between 9 and 20 hours of structured programming each week.
- Partial hospitalization, or PHP. This is the most extreme level of outpatient care. It involves participating in treatment every day for a minimum of 6 hours per day.
Alcohol Treatment Medications
Medications might be used in an alcohol treatment program to assist people stop drinking and avoid relapse. Some common medications consist of:
- Disulfiram. This medicine can assist people refrain from alcohol use while in recovery due to the fact that it triggers unpleasant symptoms if you drink.
- Acamprosate. This assists people keep abstinence and avoid relapse. It helps reduce unpleasant symptoms that may in some cases occur with continuous abstaining, such as insomnia (difficulty sleeping) and anxiety.
- Naltrexone. This can help individuals remain sober due to the fact that it reduces cravings and blocks the pleasant and rewarding effects of alcohol if they do drink.
How Long Is Los Altos Alcohol Rehab?
The duration of alcohol rehab can differ by setting and your private needs. Common treatment lengths for inpatient rehab are 28 to 30 days, 60 days, or 90 days. It can also be longer when it comes to a long-term residential alcohol rehab center, which can last approximately a year. Outpatient rehab usually lasts 2 months to a year.
Oftentimes, treatment doesn’t follow a standard timeline or set endpoint. Considering that addiction is a chronic, relapsing disease, many people discover it helpful to attend support groups, therapy sessions, or other continuing care after formal rehab has ended.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Locations in Saratoga
How to Choose an Alcohol Rehab Center in Los Altos
You ought to find out as much as you can about different alcohol rehab centers so you can choose the one that best fits your recovery requirements and objectives. A medical professional or other addiction professional can assess you and your drinking routines and offer advice about the ideal treatment alternatives for you.
Elements to consider when choosing rehab centers for alcohol include:
- Expense. There’s no set cost for rehab; it can differ by facility, area, amenities, and other factors. And even if you have insurance, you may still have to pay some out-of-pocket expenses.
- Area. You might choose to stay near to house to be near your assistance network, go to virtual rehab, or you may find it practical to travel to another part of the country to get some range from your triggers and focus solely on your recovery.
- Features. Different centers offer various facilities; some might have a more bare-bones technique, while high-end facilities might have a more upscale sensation and provide a large range of high-end facilities.
- Insurance. Protection can differ by plan, so it’s a great concept to consult your insurer about what they will and won’t cover.
- Level of care required. This can vary depending on your evaluation. For example, you might need a greater level of care if you have a co-occurring physical or mental health disorder.
Does California Insurance Cover Alcohol Rehab?
This can depend on your plan, but, in basic, the majority of plans do cover some kind of addiction treatment. The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) of 2008 states that insurance plans should provide the exact same level of benefits for mental health and substance use treatment and services that they provide for medical and surgical care.
Various aspects might affect your protection, such as the level of medical care and the setting for the program you picked, in addition to place, program length, features, your particular strategy, and other factors to consider. Triggr Health is in-network with lots of typical insurance plans, and we offer a simple method for you to quickly examine your benefits online.
Can I Get Alcohol Rehab in Los Altos without Insurance?
Cost ought to not stop you from looking for assistance. There are other payment alternatives if you don’t have insurance or your insurance doesn’t cover rehab, such as:
- Using payment strategies, sliding scales, or scholarships. Some rehabilitations offer various forms of monetary support based upon your financial need or capability to pay.
- Going to a facility with public financing. You might have the ability to find free or affordable rehab choices; it is very important to be conscious that states have actually funds reserved to assist individuals without insurance.
- Applying for Medicare or Medicaid. Medicare is a federal health insurance program for people aged 65 and older or particular more youthful people who satisfy eligibility requirements. Medicaid is the government-funded medical insurance prepare for people with low incomes who fulfill eligibility requirements.
- Paying out-of-pocket. For example, you may use cost savings or ask family or friends for aid.
- Getting loans. You may take out loans to cover some or all of the cost of treatment.
- Alcoholic Anonymous or similar mutual help groups. Current proof recommends AA and other free shared aid groups based upon 12-step facilitation can be as effective as other well‐established treatments for attaining abstinence and other alcohol‐related results such as drinking consequences, drinking intensity, and addiction severity.
How to Find an Alcohol Rehab Center Near Me in Los Altos
There is no one-size-fits-all technique to Los Altos alcohol treatment. A treatment center must consider all of your distinct needs to offer the very best assistance possible. Triggr Health offers evidence-based alcohol rehab in places throughout the country, so you’re never far from the aid you need.
If you or someone you care about are having a hard time, please connect to our helpline at (844) 569-1713 to talk to among our caring admissions navigators about your options.
842 Altos Oaks Dr Ste 544
Los Altos, CA 94024