Lexington Rehab Centers for Alcoholism
Discover the types of alcohol rehab, the length of time they last, medications that might be used, insurance options, and how to select the best Lexington alcohol rehab for you.
If you or someone you care about are fighting with alcohol addiction, also called alcohol use disorder (AUD), you might feel stressed out and not know where to turn. Fortunately is that AUD is a treatable disorder. Understanding that assistance is offered, understanding your rehab options, and finding out how to discover the best alcohol rehab for you can assist you feel less overwhelmed and more in control of your life.
Need guidance or assistance about alcohol addiction? Do not miss out on FREE 24/7 access to support. Get assistance when you require it and call us today at (844) 569-1713.
What Is an Alcohol Rehab Center?
An alcohol rehab center is a treatment facility that uses support, care, and therapy to individuals with alcohol use disorder, or AUD. Treatment is very important for several reasons. It can supply education about AUD, help people safely stop drinking, deal with the underlying causes of addiction, and help individuals find out healthier coping, tension management, and relapse prevention abilities so they can stay sober.
Treatment is offered in a range of settings and at different levels of care, which can differ depending on your unique recovery requirements and issues. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), reliable treatment ought to be customized to your specific health and recovery needs and consider your mental health, social health, and any task or legal issues.
Individuals’s requirements can change throughout the course of treatment, and they may go up and down in strength and to various levels of care at alcohol treatment centers.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Locations near Ann Arbor
Lexington KY Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
Inpatient alcohol rehab suggests that you live onsite at a treatment facility for the length of treatment. This can consist of health centers, clinics, or other residential alcohol rehab centers that offer 24-hour care.
This setting can be valuable for a large range of individuals, including those with severe AUD, major co-occurring disorders, those with a history of relapse, individuals with unsteady living circumstances or limited transportation, and teens.
Types of Inpatient Rehab
Typical inpatient treatment settings include:
- Long-term property rehab. This provides a steady living circumstance, a structured environment devoid of interruption and activates (individuals, places, and things that make you wish to drink), and helpful care for a longer time period. It can be low or high intensity. It’s appropriate for people without stable homes or encouraging families, or those with severe addictions or co-occurring disorders.
- Short-term property treatment. This usually occurs in a hospital, medical center, or other facility that provides 24/7 medical oversight. These facilities normally provide alcohol detox services to assist manage alcohol withdrawal symptoms, as well as rehab treatment.
- Sober living homes. These are likewise known as healing housing, transitional real estate, or midway houses. They provide short-term transitional housing and various forms of assistance to people who have actually just recently finished a rehab program and are transitioning back to their daily lives.
Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
Outpatient alcohol rehab provides treatment services at a health clinic, community mental health center, freestanding substance use rehab center, or hospital. You live in your home and travel to the facility for treatment services on a routine schedule. Some outpatient programs provide some or all of its programming via remote or virtual rehab provided via telehealth.
Individuals who may benefit from outpatient treatment centers for alcohol include those who are stepping down from inpatient treatment or individuals with less severe dependencies, health, strong social supports, dependable transportation, and steady living environments. Outpatient rehab can occur at various levels of strength.
Types of Outpatient Rehab
- Typical kinds of outpatient alcohol rehab centers include:
- Requirement outpatient, where you have routine office gos to for counseling and treatment medicines, if essential. Basic outpatient programs typically need attending treatment 1 to 3 times each week, though some meet every day.
- Intensive outpatient, or IOP. This is a higher level of strength that provides in between 9 and 20 hours of structured programming weekly.
- Partial hospitalization, or PHP. This is the most intense level of outpatient care. It involves participating in treatment every day for a minimum of 6 hours per day.
Alcohol Treatment Medications
Medications may be used in an alcohol treatment program to help individuals stop drinking and prevent relapse. Some typical medications include:
- Disulfiram. This medicine can help people avoid alcohol use while in healing because it triggers unpleasant symptoms if you drink.
- Acamprosate. This assists individuals keep abstaining and avoid relapse. It helps reduce unpleasant symptoms that might sometimes occur with continuous abstinence, such as sleeping disorders (difficulty sleeping) and stress and anxiety.
- Naltrexone. This can assist individuals stay sober because it reduces cravings and blocks the enjoyable and satisfying effects of alcohol if they do drink.
The Length Of Time Is Lexington Alcohol Rehab?
The period of alcohol rehab can vary by setting and your individual requirements. Common treatment lengths for inpatient rehab are 28 to 30 days, 60 days, or 90 days. It can also be longer when it comes to a long-term property alcohol rehab center, which can last as much as a year. Outpatient rehab generally lasts 2 months to a year.
Oftentimes, treatment doesn’t follow a standard timeline or set endpoint. Since addiction is a chronic, relapsing illness, many individuals discover it helpful to go to support system, therapy sessions, or other continuing care after official rehab has ended.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Facilities near Lansing
How to Select an Alcohol Rehab Center in Lexington
You should find out as much as you can about various alcohol rehab centers so you can select the one that best fits your recovery requirements and objectives. A doctor or other addiction professional can evaluate you and your drinking routines and provide recommendations about the right treatment choices for you.
Elements to think about when choosing rehab centers for alcohol consist of:
- Cost. There’s no set expense for rehab; it can vary by facility, area, amenities, and other elements. And even if you have insurance, you may still need to pay some out-of-pocket expenses.
- Area. You may choose to stay near house to be near your support network, attend virtual rehab, or you may find it helpful to travel to another part of the country to get some distance from your triggers and focus entirely on your recovery.
- Facilities. Various centers offer various features; some might have a more bare-bones technique, while luxury facilities may have a more upscale feeling and offer a wide range of high-end features.
- Insurance. Protection can vary by strategy, so it’s a good idea to consult your insurance provider about what they will and will not cover.
- Level of care needed. This can differ depending on your assessment. For instance, you might require a greater level of care if you have a co-occurring physical or mental health disorder.
Does Kentucky Insurance Cover Alcohol Rehab?
This can depend on your strategy, however, in general, most plans do cover some type of addiction treatment. The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) of 2008 says that insurance plans must provide the same level of advantages for mental health and substance use treatment and services that they do for medical and surgical care.
Various elements might impact your coverage, such as the level of medical care and the setting for the program you chose, in addition to place, program length, features, your specific strategy, and other considerations. Triggr Health is in-network with numerous typical insurance plans, and we provide a simple way for you to quickly inspect your benefits online.
Can I Get Alcohol Rehab in Lexington without Insurance?
Cost needs to not stop you from seeking aid. There are other payment alternatives if you do not have insurance or your insurance doesn’t cover rehab, such as:
- Utilizing payment strategies, moving scales, or scholarships. Some rehabs provide different kinds of financial support based upon your financial requirement or capability to pay.
- Going to a facility with public funding. You might be able to find free or affordable rehab choices; it’s important to be mindful that states have actually funds set aside to help individuals without insurance.
- Obtaining Medicare or Medicaid. Medicare is a federal medical insurance program for people aged 65 and older or particular younger people who fulfill eligibility requirements. Medicaid is the government-funded health insurance plan for people with low incomes who satisfy eligibility requirements.
- Paying out-of-pocket. For instance, you may use savings or ask family or friends for assistance.
- Taking out loans. You may get loans to cover some or all of the cost of treatment.
- Alcoholic Anonymous or similar shared aid groups. Current evidence recommends AA and other complimentary mutual aid groups based on 12-step facilitation can be as effective as other well‐established treatments for achieving abstaining and other alcohol‐related outcomes such as drinking consequences, drinking intensity, and addiction seriousness.
How to Find an Alcohol Rehab Center Near Me in Lexington
There is no one-size-fits-all technique to Lexington alcohol treatment. A treatment center should consider all of your distinct requirements to offer the very best assistance possible. Triggr Health uses evidence-based alcohol rehab in areas throughout the nation, so you’re never far from the aid you need.
If you or somebody you care about are having a hard time, please connect to our helpline at (844) 569-1713 to speak with one of our caring admissions navigators about your alternatives.
1019 Majestic Dr Ste A609
Lexington, KY 40513