Greenbelt Rehab Centers for Alcohol Addiction
Learn more about the types of alcohol rehab, for how long they last, medications that may be used, insurance options, and how to pick the ideal Greenbelt alcohol rehab for you.
If you or somebody you appreciate are having problem with alcohol addiction, also known as alcohol use disorder (AUD), you might feel stressed and not know where to turn. Fortunately is that AUD is a treatable disorder. Understanding that assistance is readily available, comprehending your rehab options, and finding out how to discover the very best alcohol rehab for you can help you feel less overwhelmed and more in control of your life.
Need recommendations or support about alcohol addiction? Don’t lose out on FREE 24/7 access to support. Get assistance when you need it and call us today at (844) 569-1713.
What Is an Alcohol Rehab Center?
An alcohol rehab center is a treatment facility that uses assistance, care, and therapy to people with alcohol use disorder, or AUD. Treatment is very important for a number of factors. It can provide education about AUD, help individuals safely stop drinking, address the underlying reasons for addiction, and help individuals learn much healthier coping, tension management, and relapse prevention skills so they can stay sober.
Treatment is offered in a range of settings and at different levels of care, which can vary depending on your distinct recovery requirements and concerns. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), reliable treatment should be tailored to your private health and healing needs and consider your mental health, social health, and any task or legal concerns.
People’s requirements can change throughout the course of treatment, and they might go up and down in strength and to various levels of care at alcohol treatment centers.
Greenbelt MD Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
Inpatient alcohol rehab indicates that you live onsite at a treatment facility for the length of treatment. This can consist of health centers, centers, or other residential alcohol rehab centers that offer 24-hour care.
This setting can be useful for a large range of people, consisting of those with severe AUD, major co-occurring disorders, those with a history of relapse, individuals with unsteady living scenarios or limited transportation, and teens.
Types of Inpatient Rehab
Typical inpatient treatment settings consist of:
- Long-lasting property rehab. This uses a stable living situation, a structured environment free of interruption and activates (individuals, locations, and things that make you wish to consume), and helpful care for a longer time period. It can be low or high strength. It’s well-suited for people without steady homes or helpful families, or those with severe dependencies or co-occurring disorders.
- Short-term domestic treatment. This usually occurs in a medical facility, medical center, or other facility that offers 24/7 medical oversight. These centers usually use alcohol detox services to help handle alcohol withdrawal symptoms, along with rehab treatment.
- Sober living houses. These are also called recovery real estate, transitional real estate, or halfway houses. They use short-term transitional housing and various types of support to individuals who have actually recently completed a rehab program and are transitioning back to their everyday lives.
Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
Outpatient alcohol rehab offers treatment services at a health clinic, community mental health center, freestanding substance use rehab center, or medical facility. You live in the house and travel to the facility for treatment services on a regular schedule. Some outpatient programs use some or all of its programs through remote or virtual rehab provided through telehealth.
Individuals who may gain from outpatient treatment centers for alcohol consist of those who are stepping down from inpatient treatment or individuals with less severe addictions, good health, strong social assistances, reputable transportation, and steady living environments. Outpatient rehab can happen at different levels of strength.
Types of Outpatient Rehab
- Common types of outpatient alcohol rehab centers consist of:
- Requirement outpatient, where you have routine office sees for counseling and treatment medications, if essential. Standard outpatient programs typically require going to treatment 1 to 3 times per week, though some fulfill every day.
- Extensive outpatient, or IOP. This is a greater level of strength that offers in between 9 and 20 hours of structured shows per week.
- Partial hospitalization, or PHP. This is the most extreme level of outpatient care. It includes participating in treatment every day for at least 6 hours daily.
Alcohol Treatment Medicines
Medications may be used in an alcohol treatment program to assist people stop drinking and prevent relapse. Some common medications include:
- Disulfiram. This medicine can assist individuals refrain from alcohol use while in healing because it causes unpleasant symptoms if you consume.
- Acamprosate. This helps individuals preserve abstinence and prevent relapse. It helps reduce unpleasant symptoms that may often occur with continuous abstinence, such as insomnia (problem sleeping) and anxiety.
- Naltrexone. This can assist people remain sober due to the fact that it decreases cravings and blocks the pleasant and fulfilling effects of alcohol if they do consume.
How Long Is Greenbelt Alcohol Rehab?
The duration of alcohol rehab can vary by setting and your individual requirements. Typical treatment lengths for inpatient rehab are 28 to 30 days, 60 days, or 90 days. It can also be longer when it comes to a long-lasting residential alcohol rehab center, which can last as much as a year. Outpatient rehab typically lasts 2 months to a year.
In a lot of cases, treatment doesn’t follow a standard timeline or set endpoint. Given that addiction is a persistent, relapsing disease, many people find it useful to go to support system, therapy sessions, or other continuing care after official rehab has actually ended.
How to Pick an Alcohol Rehab Center in Greenbelt
You need to find out as much as you can about various alcohol rehab centers so you can select the one that finest fits your healing needs and goals. A doctor or other addiction professional can assess you and your drinking practices and provide recommendations about the best treatment choices for you.
Factors to think about when selecting rehab centers for alcohol consist of:
- Cost. There’s no set cost for rehab; it can differ by facility, location, facilities, and other factors. And even if you have insurance, you may still have to pay some out-of-pocket costs.
- Area. You might choose to stay close to home to be near your assistance network, participate in virtual rehab, or you may find it handy to travel to another part of the nation to get some range from your triggers and focus solely on your recovery.
- Amenities. Various facilities use various features; some might have a more bare-bones method, while luxury centers may have a more high end sensation and use a wide range of high-end facilities.
- Insurance. Protection can vary by strategy, so it’s an excellent concept to check with your insurance company about what they will and won’t cover.
- Level of care needed. This can vary depending on your evaluation. For instance, you may require a greater level of care if you have a co-occurring physical or mental health disorder.
Does Maryland Insurance Cover Alcohol Rehab?
This can depend on your plan, but, in basic, a lot of strategies do cover some kind of addiction treatment. The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) of 2008 states that insurance plans should supply the very same level of advantages for mental health and substance use treatment and services that they do for medical and surgical care.
Different factors may impact your coverage, such as the level of healthcare and the setting for the program you chose, along with location, program length, amenities, your specific strategy, and other considerations. Triggr Health is in-network with lots of common insurance strategies, and we offer an easy way for you to instantly examine your benefits online.
Can I Get Alcohol Rehab in Greenbelt without Insurance?
Cost needs to not stop you from seeking assistance. There are other payment choices if you don’t have insurance or your insurance doesn’t cover rehab, such as:
- Utilizing payment strategies, moving scales, or scholarships. Some rehabs provide different kinds of financial support based on your financial need or capability to pay.
- Going to a facility with public funding. You might be able to find complimentary or affordable rehab choices; it is necessary to be mindful that states have funds set aside to help people without insurance.
- Getting Medicare or Medicaid. Medicare is a federal medical insurance program for individuals aged 65 and older or specific more youthful individuals who satisfy eligibility requirements. Medicaid is the government-funded health insurance prepare for people with low earnings who meet eligibility requirements.
- Paying out-of-pocket. For example, you may use cost savings or ask family or friends for help.
- Getting loans. You might get loans to cover some or all of the cost of treatment.
- Alcoholic Anonymous or similar shared assistance groups. Recent proof recommends AA and other totally free mutual help groups based upon 12-step assistance can be as reliable as other well‐established treatments for attaining abstinence and other alcohol‐related results such as drinking repercussions, drinking intensity, and addiction seriousness.
How to Find an Alcohol Rehab Center Near Me in Greenbelt
There is no one-size-fits-all technique to Greenbelt alcohol treatment. A treatment center need to think about all of your special needs to supply the very best assistance possible. Triggr Health offers evidence-based alcohol rehab in locations across the nation, so you’re never far from the aid you need.
If you or someone you care about are having a hard time, please reach out to our helpline at (844) 569-1713 to speak with one of our caring admissions navigators about your alternatives.
7501 Greenway Center Dr #B110
Greenbelt, MD 20770