Burlingame Rehab Centers for Alcoholism
Learn about the types of alcohol rehab, for how long they last, medications that might be used, insurance alternatives, and how to choose the best Burlingame alcohol rehab for you.
If you or somebody you appreciate are having problem with alcoholism, also referred to as alcohol use disorder (AUD), you may feel stressed out and not know where to turn. The bright side is that AUD is a treatable disorder. Knowing that help is readily available, comprehending your rehab choices, and finding out how to find the very best alcohol rehab for you can assist you feel less overloaded and more in control of your life.
Required suggestions or support about alcohol addiction? Do not miss out on FREE 24/7 access to support. Get help when you require it and call us today at (844) 569-1713.
What Is an Alcohol Rehab Center?
An alcohol rehab center is a treatment facility that provides support, care, and therapy to individuals with alcohol use disorder, or AUD. Treatment is important for several factors. It can supply education about AUD, help individuals safely stop drinking, deal with the underlying reasons for addiction, and help people find out healthier coping, stress management, and relapse prevention abilities so they can stay sober.
Treatment is offered in a variety of settings and at various levels of care, which can vary depending on your distinct healing needs and concerns. According to the National Institute on Substance Abuse (NIDA), efficient treatment should be customized to your individual health and healing needs and consider your mental health, social health, and any task or legal concerns.
People’s needs can alter throughout the course of treatment, and they may go up and down in intensity and to various levels of care at alcohol treatment centers.
Burlingame CA Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
Inpatient alcohol rehab implies that you live onsite at a treatment facility for the length of treatment. This can consist of health centers, centers, or other residential alcohol rehab facilities that provide 24-hour care.
This setting can be helpful for a wide variety of individuals, including those with severe AUD, serious co-occurring disorders, those with a history of relapse, individuals with unsteady living situations or restricted transport, and teenagers.
Types of Inpatient Rehab
Typical inpatient treatment settings consist of:
- Long-lasting property rehab. This offers a stable living circumstance, a structured environment devoid of distraction and activates (individuals, locations, and things that make you wish to consume), and encouraging take care of a longer time period. It can be low or high strength. It’s appropriate for people without stable homes or encouraging families, or those with severe addictions or co-occurring disorders.
- Short-term property treatment. This usually happens in a health center, medical center, or other facility that provides 24/7 medical oversight. These facilities usually use alcohol detox services to assist manage alcohol withdrawal symptoms, along with rehab treatment.
- Sober living homes. These are also known as healing real estate, transitional housing, or midway homes. They offer short-term transitional housing and various forms of support to people who have actually recently completed a rehab program and are transitioning back to their day-to-day lives.
Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
Outpatient alcohol rehab offers treatment services at a health clinic, neighborhood mental university hospital, freestanding substance use rehab center, or health center. You live in the house and travel to the facility for treatment services on a regular schedule. Some outpatient programs provide some or all of its programs through remote or virtual rehab provided by means of telehealth.
People who may benefit from outpatient treatment centers for alcohol include those who are stepping down from inpatient treatment or individuals with less severe addictions, good health, strong social assistances, trusted transport, and steady living environments. Outpatient rehab can take place at different levels of strength.
Types of Outpatient Rehab
- Common types of outpatient alcohol rehab centers include:
- Requirement outpatient, where you have routine office visits for counseling and treatment medications, if required. Basic outpatient programs normally need attending treatment 1 to 3 times each week, though some satisfy every day.
- Intensive outpatient, or IOP. This is a greater level of intensity that supplies between 9 and 20 hours of structured programs per week.
- Partial hospitalization, or PHP. This is the most extreme level of outpatient care. It includes going to treatment every day for a minimum of 6 hours each day.
Alcohol Treatment Medicines
Medications might be used in an alcohol treatment program to help people stop drinking and prevent relapse. Some common medications consist of:
- Disulfiram. This medicine can help individuals refrain from alcohol use while in recovery because it triggers undesirable symptoms if you drink.
- Acamprosate. This assists people keep abstaining and prevent relapse. It helps reduce undesirable symptoms that might often accompany continuous abstinence, such as sleeping disorders (problem sleeping) and anxiety.
- Naltrexone. This can help people stay sober due to the fact that it lowers yearnings and obstructs the pleasant and fulfilling effects of alcohol if they do consume.
For How Long Is Burlingame Alcohol Rehab?
The duration of alcohol rehab can differ by setting and your specific requirements. Typical treatment lengths for inpatient rehab are 28 to 1 month, 60 days, or 90 days. It can likewise be longer when it comes to a long-term residential alcohol rehab center, which can last up to a year. Outpatient rehab typically lasts 2 months to a year.
In a lot of cases, treatment does not follow a standard timeline or set endpoint. Because addiction is a persistent, relapsing illness, lots of people find it valuable to participate in support system, therapy sessions, or other continuing care after official rehab has ended.
How to Pick an Alcohol Rehab Center in Burlingame
You should find out as much as you can about different alcohol rehab centers so you can choose the one that finest fits your healing needs and objectives. A physician or other addiction professional can evaluate you and your drinking habits and provide recommendations about the ideal treatment choices for you.
Factors to think about when picking rehab centers for alcohol include:
- Expense. There’s no set expense for rehab; it can differ by facility, area, amenities, and other aspects. And even if you have insurance, you might still need to pay some out-of-pocket expenses.
- Location. You may prefer to stay near home to be near your support network, attend virtual rehab, or you may discover it practical to travel to another part of the country to get some range from your triggers and focus entirely on your recovery.
- Features. Various facilities use various features; some might have a more bare-bones method, while luxury facilities might have a more high end feeling and offer a large range of high-end amenities.
- Insurance. Coverage can differ by strategy, so it’s an excellent concept to consult your insurance provider about what they will and won’t cover.
- Level of care needed. This can vary depending upon your evaluation. For instance, you may require a greater level of care if you have a co-occurring physical or mental health disorder.
Does California Insurance Cover Alcohol Rehab?
This can depend on your plan, however, in general, the majority of plans do cover some kind of addiction treatment. The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) of 2008 states that insurance strategies must provide the same level of advantages for mental health and substance use treatment and services that they do for medical and surgical care.
Various aspects might affect your protection, such as the level of healthcare and the setting for the program you selected, along with location, program length, features, your particular strategy, and other factors to consider. Triggr Health is in-network with numerous common insurance strategies, and we provide an easy way for you to immediately check your benefits online.
Can I Get Alcohol Rehab in Burlingame without Insurance?
Expense ought to not stop you from looking for help. There are other payment options if you don’t have insurance or your insurance doesn’t cover rehab, such as:
- Utilizing payment plans, sliding scales, or scholarships. Some rehabilitations offer various forms of financial support based upon your monetary need or ability to pay.
- Going to a facility with public funding. You might be able to find totally free or affordable rehab options; it is essential to be conscious that states have actually funds set aside to help people without insurance.
- Obtaining Medicare or Medicaid. Medicare is a federal health insurance program for individuals aged 65 and older or certain younger individuals who fulfill eligibility requirements. Medicaid is the government-funded medical insurance plan for people with low earnings who meet eligibility requirements.
- Paying out-of-pocket. For instance, you might use cost savings or ask family or friends for aid.
- Getting loans. You might get loans to cover some or all of the cost of treatment.
- Alcoholic Anonymous or comparable shared help groups. Current evidence suggests AA and other totally free mutual help groups based upon 12-step assistance can be as efficient as other well‐established treatments for achieving abstinence and other alcohol‐related outcomes such as drinking repercussions, drinking intensity, and addiction seriousness.
How to Find an Alcohol Rehab Center Near Me in Burlingame
There is no one-size-fits-all technique to Burlingame alcohol treatment. A treatment center should consider all of your unique requirements to offer the very best support possible. Triggr Health offers evidence-based alcohol rehab in areas across the country, so you’re never far from the assistance you require.
If you or somebody you care about are struggling, please connect to our helpline at (844) 569-1713 to speak with among our caring admissions navigators about your alternatives.
1510 Rollins Rd #15
Burlingame, CA 94010