Redwood City Rehab Centers for Alcoholism
Discover the types of alcohol rehab, for how long they last, medications that may be used, insurance choices, and how to choose the ideal Redwood City alcohol rehab for you.
If you or someone you appreciate are battling with alcohol addiction, likewise known as alcohol use disorder (AUD), you may feel stressed out and not know where to turn. Fortunately is that AUD is a treatable disorder. Understanding that help is available, understanding your rehab alternatives, and finding out how to discover the very best alcohol rehab for you can help you feel less overwhelmed and more in control of your life.
Need suggestions or support about alcoholism? Don’t miss out on FREE 24/7 access to support. Get assistance when you require it and call us today at (844) 569-1713.
What Is an Alcohol Rehab Center?
An alcohol rehab center is a treatment facility that offers assistance, care, and therapy to people with alcohol use disorder, or AUD. Treatment is very important for a number of factors. It can supply education about AUD, help individuals safely stop drinking, deal with the underlying reasons for addiction, and help individuals discover healthier coping, tension management, and relapse prevention skills so they can stay sober.
Treatment is used in a variety of settings and at various levels of care, which can differ depending upon your distinct recovery requirements and issues. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), reliable treatment ought to be tailored to your specific health and healing needs and consider your mental health, social health, and any task or legal issues.
People’s requirements can change throughout the course of treatment, and they might move up and down in intensity and to different levels of care at alcohol treatment centers.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Facilities in Lake Forest
Redwood City CA Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
Inpatient alcohol rehab suggests that you live onsite at a treatment facility for the length of treatment. This can include healthcare facilities, centers, or other property alcohol rehab facilities that use 24-hour care.
This setting can be practical for a wide variety of people, consisting of those with severe AUD, major co-occurring disorders, those with a history of relapse, people with unsteady living situations or minimal transportation, and teenagers.
Kinds Of Inpatient Rehab
Common inpatient treatment settings include:
- Long-lasting residential rehab. This uses a stable living situation, a structured environment free of distraction and sets off (individuals, locations, and things that make you wish to consume), and supportive care for a longer time period. It can be low or high strength. It’s appropriate for people without stable houses or encouraging households, or those with severe addictions or co-occurring disorders.
- Short-term residential treatment. This usually takes place in a medical facility, medical clinic, or other facility that offers 24/7 medical oversight. These facilities generally provide alcohol detox services to assist manage alcohol withdrawal symptoms, as well as rehab treatment.
- Sober living houses. These are also called healing real estate, transitional housing, or midway homes. They provide short-term transitional housing and various forms of assistance to people who have actually just recently finished a rehab program and are transitioning back to their day-to-day lives.
Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
Outpatient alcohol rehab uses treatment services at a health clinic, community mental university hospital, freestanding substance use rehab center, or hospital. You live in your home and travel to the facility for treatment services on a routine schedule. Some outpatient programs provide some or all of its programming through remote or virtual rehab provided through telehealth.
People who might take advantage of outpatient treatment centers for alcohol include those who are stepping down from inpatient treatment or individuals with less severe dependencies, health, strong social assistances, trusted transportation, and stable living environments. Outpatient rehab can occur at various levels of intensity.
Types of Outpatient Rehab
- Common types of outpatient alcohol rehab centers consist of:
- Requirement outpatient, where you have regular office visits for counseling and treatment medicines, if necessary. Standard outpatient programs generally need participating in treatment 1 to 3 times each week, though some meet every day.
- Intensive outpatient, or IOP. This is a higher level of strength that provides in between 9 and 20 hours of structured programming each week.
- Partial hospitalization, or PHP. This is the most extreme level of outpatient care. It involves going to treatment every day for at least 6 hours daily.
Alcohol Treatment Medications
Medications may be utilized in an alcohol treatment program to help people stop drinking and avoid relapse. Some typical medications consist of:
- Disulfiram. This medicine can assist individuals refrain from alcohol use while in healing since it causes unpleasant symptoms if you drink.
- Acamprosate. This assists individuals preserve abstaining and prevent relapse. It helps reduce unpleasant symptoms that might sometimes occur with ongoing abstaining, such as sleeping disorders (problem sleeping) and anxiety.
- Naltrexone. This can assist individuals stay sober due to the fact that it reduces yearnings and obstructs the satisfying and rewarding effects of alcohol if they do drink.
The Length Of Time Is Redwood City Alcohol Rehab?
The duration of alcohol rehab can vary by setting and your specific requirements. Common treatment lengths for inpatient rehab are 28 to one month, 60 days, or 90 days. It can likewise be longer in the case of a long-term domestic alcohol rehab center, which can last approximately a year. Outpatient rehab normally lasts 2 months to a year.
In a lot of cases, treatment doesn’t follow a standard timeline or set endpoint. Since addiction is a persistent, relapsing illness, lots of people discover it practical to go to support system, therapy sessions, or other continuing care after official rehab has ended.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Facilities near Hawthorne
How to Pick an Alcohol Rehab Center in Redwood City
You need to learn as much as you can about different alcohol rehab centers so you can pick the one that finest fits your recovery needs and objectives. A medical professional or other addiction professional can examine you and your drinking routines and use guidance about the ideal treatment options for you.
Factors to consider when picking rehab centers for alcohol include:
- Cost. There’s no set expense for rehab; it can vary by facility, area, facilities, and other aspects. And even if you have insurance, you may still have to pay some out-of-pocket costs.
- Place. You may choose to stay near home to be near your assistance network, go to virtual rehab, or you may discover it valuable to travel to another part of the nation to get some distance from your triggers and focus entirely on your healing.
- Features. Various centers use different facilities; some might have a more bare-bones technique, while high-end facilities may have a more high end feeling and offer a wide range of high-end amenities.
- Insurance. Coverage can differ by strategy, so it’s an excellent idea to check with your insurance company about what they will and will not cover.
- Level of care required. This can differ depending upon your evaluation. For example, you might require a higher level of care if you have a co-occurring physical or mental health disorder.
Does California Insurance Cover Alcohol Rehab?
This can depend on your plan, but, in general, the majority of strategies do cover some form of addiction treatment. The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) of 2008 states that insurance plans need to offer the very same level of advantages for mental health and substance use treatment and services that they provide for medical and surgical care.
Various factors may impact your coverage, such as the level of medical care and the setting for the program you chose, in addition to location, program length, features, your specific strategy, and other considerations. Triggr Health is in-network with numerous typical insurance strategies, and we provide a simple method for you to instantly examine your benefits online.
Can I Get Alcohol Rehab in Redwood City without Insurance?
Expense should not stop you from seeking help. There are other payment options if you do not have insurance or your insurance doesn’t cover rehab, such as:
- Utilizing payment plans, sliding scales, or scholarships. Some rehabilitations offer various kinds of financial assistance based on your financial requirement or ability to pay.
- Going to a facility with public financing. You might have the ability to discover free or inexpensive rehab alternatives; it is necessary to be mindful that states have actually funds set aside to assist individuals without insurance.
- Requesting Medicare or Medicaid. Medicare is a federal medical insurance program for individuals aged 65 and older or specific more youthful people who satisfy eligibility requirements. Medicaid is the government-funded medical insurance plan for individuals with low incomes who satisfy eligibility requirements.
- Paying out-of-pocket. For instance, you might use cost savings or ask family or buddies for assistance.
- Securing loans. You may take out loans to cover some or all of the expense of treatment.
- Alcoholic Anonymous or comparable mutual assistance groups. Recent proof suggests AA and other complimentary mutual aid groups based on 12-step facilitation can be as efficient as other well‐established treatments for attaining abstaining and other alcohol‐related outcomes such as drinking repercussions, drinking intensity, and addiction intensity.
How to Find an Alcohol Rehab Center Near Me in Redwood City
There is no one-size-fits-all technique to Redwood City alcohol treatment. A treatment center need to consider all of your unique needs to supply the very best assistance possible. Triggr Health offers evidence-based alcohol rehab in places throughout the country, so you’re never far from the help you require.
If you or someone you appreciate are having a hard time, please connect to our helpline at (844) 569-1713 to speak with one of our caring admissions navigators about your alternatives.
2900 Whipple Ave Ste 387
Redwood City, CA 94062