Metairie Rehab Centers for Alcohol Addiction
Find out about the kinds of alcohol rehab, how long they last, medications that might be utilized, insurance options, and how to select the ideal Metairie alcohol rehab for you.
If you or someone you appreciate are struggling with alcoholism, likewise called alcohol use disorder (AUD), you may feel stressed out and not know where to turn. The good news is that AUD is a treatable disorder. Knowing that assistance is available, understanding your rehab alternatives, and finding out how to find the very best alcohol rehab for you can help you feel less overwhelmed and more in control of your life.
Need suggestions or assistance about alcoholism? Don’t lose out on FREE 24/7 access to support. Get aid when you require it and call us today at (844) 569-1713.
What Is an Alcohol Rehab Center?
An alcohol rehab center is a treatment facility that offers assistance, care, and therapy to individuals with alcohol use disorder, or AUD. Treatment is essential for numerous factors. It can offer education about AUD, help people safely stop drinking, resolve the underlying causes of addiction, and help people discover healthier coping, tension management, and relapse prevention skills so they can stay sober.
Treatment is provided in a variety of settings and at various levels of care, which can vary depending on your unique healing requirements and issues. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), efficient treatment needs to be customized to your specific health and recovery requirements and consider your mental health, social health, and any task or legal issues.
Individuals’s needs can change throughout the course of treatment, and they may go up and down in strength and to various levels of care at alcohol treatment centers.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Facilities near Surprise
Metairie LA Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
Inpatient alcohol rehab suggests that you live onsite at a treatment facility for the length of treatment. This can include medical facilities, centers, or other domestic alcohol rehab centers that offer 24-hour care.
This setting can be helpful for a wide variety of people, including those with severe AUD, serious co-occurring disorders, those with a history of relapse, individuals with unstable living scenarios or restricted transport, and teens.
Types of Inpatient Rehab
Common inpatient treatment settings consist of:
- Long-lasting residential rehab. This offers a stable living scenario, a structured environment free of interruption and sets off (individuals, places, and things that make you want to drink), and encouraging look after a longer amount of time. It can be low or high intensity. It’s appropriate for people without steady houses or helpful households, or those with severe dependencies or co-occurring disorders.
- Short-term property treatment. This usually takes place in a healthcare facility, medical center, or other facility that provides 24/7 medical oversight. These centers normally use alcohol detox services to assist handle alcohol withdrawal symptoms, as well as rehab treatment.
- Sober living homes. These are also known as healing housing, transitional housing, or midway houses. They offer short-term transitional real estate and different forms of support to individuals who have recently finished a rehab program and are transitioning back to their everyday lives.
Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
Outpatient alcohol rehab offers treatment services at a health clinic, neighborhood mental health center, freestanding substance use rehab center, or medical facility. You live at home and travel to the facility for treatment services on a regular schedule. Some outpatient programs offer some or all of its shows by means of remote or virtual rehab delivered through telehealth.
Individuals who might gain from outpatient treatment centers for alcohol consist of those who are stepping down from inpatient treatment or people with less severe dependencies, good health, strong social supports, dependable transportation, and steady living environments. Outpatient rehab can take place at different levels of strength.
Kinds Of Outpatient Rehab
- Common types of outpatient alcohol rehab centers consist of:
- Standard outpatient, where you have routine workplace visits for counseling and treatment medications, if essential. Basic outpatient programs generally require going to treatment 1 to 3 times weekly, though some fulfill every day.
- Extensive outpatient, or IOP. This is a greater level of strength that provides in between 9 and 20 hours of structured programs per week.
- Partial hospitalization, or PHP. This is the most intense level of outpatient care. It involves attending treatment every day for a minimum of 6 hours each day.
Alcohol Treatment Medicines
Medications may be utilized in an alcohol treatment program to help individuals stop drinking and avoid relapse. Some typical medications include:
- Disulfiram. This medicine can help people avoid alcohol use while in healing since it triggers unpleasant symptoms if you consume.
- Acamprosate. This assists individuals maintain abstinence and prevent relapse. It helps in reducing unpleasant symptoms that may often occur with ongoing abstinence, such as insomnia (problem sleeping) and stress and anxiety.
- Naltrexone. This can assist individuals remain sober due to the fact that it lowers cravings and obstructs the satisfying and satisfying effects of alcohol if they do drink.
The Length Of Time Is Metairie Alcohol Rehab?
The duration of alcohol rehab can vary by setting and your private requirements. Typical treatment lengths for inpatient rehab are 28 to one month, 60 days, or 90 days. It can also be longer when it comes to a long-lasting domestic alcohol rehab center, which can last up to a year. Outpatient rehab generally lasts 2 months to a year.
In a lot of cases, treatment does not follow a standard timeline or set endpoint. Since addiction is a persistent, relapsing disease, many individuals find it useful to go to support groups, therapy sessions, or other continuing care after formal rehab has actually ended.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Centers near Yuma
How to Select an Alcohol Rehab Center in Metairie
You must find out as much as you can about different alcohol rehab centers so you can pick the one that best fits your healing requirements and objectives. A doctor or other addiction professional can examine you and your drinking routines and offer suggestions about the right treatment options for you.
Elements to think about when choosing rehab centers for alcohol include:
- Expense. There’s no set cost for rehab; it can vary by facility, area, facilities, and other factors. And even if you have insurance, you may still need to pay some out-of-pocket expenses.
- Area. You may prefer to remain close to house to be near your support network, participate in virtual rehab, or you might find it useful to travel to another part of the nation to get some range from your triggers and focus exclusively on your healing.
- Facilities. Different facilities use various facilities; some may have a more bare-bones approach, while high-end centers may have a more upscale sensation and provide a large range of high-end amenities.
- Insurance. Coverage can vary by strategy, so it’s a good idea to check with your insurance company about what they will and will not cover.
- Level of care needed. This can vary depending upon your evaluation. For example, you may need a greater level of care if you have a co-occurring physical or mental health disorder.
Does Louisiana Insurance Cover Alcohol Rehab?
This can depend on your plan, but, in basic, most plans do cover some type of addiction treatment. The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) of 2008 states that insurance strategies should offer the same level of advantages for mental health and substance use treatment and services that they do for medical and surgical care.
Different aspects may impact your protection, such as the level of medical care and the setting for the program you chose, as well as area, program length, amenities, your specific plan, and other factors to consider. Triggr Health is in-network with numerous common insurance plans, and we provide an easy way for you to quickly check your benefits online.
Can I Get Alcohol Rehab in Metairie without Insurance?
Cost should not stop you from seeking aid. There are other payment options if you do not have insurance or your insurance doesn’t cover rehab, such as:
- Utilizing payment plans, moving scales, or scholarships. Some rehabilitations provide different kinds of financial assistance based on your monetary requirement or capability to pay.
- Going to a facility with public funding. You might be able to find free or inexpensive rehab alternatives; it is necessary to be mindful that states have funds reserved to assist individuals without insurance.
- Looking for Medicare or Medicaid. Medicare is a federal health insurance program for people aged 65 and older or specific younger individuals who satisfy eligibility requirements. Medicaid is the government-funded medical insurance prepare for people with low earnings who meet eligibility requirements.
- Paying out-of-pocket. For example, you might use cost savings or ask family or buddies for help.
- Securing loans. You may get loans to cover some or all of the expense of treatment.
- Alcoholic Anonymous or comparable mutual help groups. Current evidence recommends AA and other free shared assistance groups based on 12-step facilitation can be as reliable as other well‐established treatments for achieving abstinence and other alcohol‐related outcomes such as drinking consequences, drinking intensity, and addiction severity.
How to Discover an Alcohol Rehab Center Near Me in Metairie
There is no one-size-fits-all technique to Metairie alcohol treatment. A treatment center need to think about all of your special needs to supply the very best assistance possible. Triggr Health uses evidence-based alcohol rehab in places across the nation, so you’re never far from the aid you need.
If you or someone you care about are struggling, please reach out to our helpline at (844) 569-1713 to talk to among our caring admissions navigators about your choices.
2450 Severn Ave Ste B467
Metairie, LA 70001