Menlo Park Rehab Centers for Alcoholism
Discover the types of alcohol rehab, how long they last, medications that might be used, insurance options, and how to pick the right Menlo Park alcohol rehab for you.
If you or somebody you appreciate are fighting with alcohol addiction, likewise called alcohol use disorder (AUD), you might feel stressed and not understand where to turn. The good news is that AUD is a treatable disorder. Knowing that help is available, understanding your rehab alternatives, and learning how to discover the very best alcohol rehab for you can help you feel less overwhelmed and more in control of your life.
Required guidance or support about alcoholism? Don’t miss out on FREE 24/7 access to support. Get assistance when you need it and call us today at (844) 569-1713.
What Is an Alcohol Rehab Center?
An alcohol rehab center is a treatment facility that offers support, care, and therapy to people with alcohol use disorder, or AUD. Treatment is very important for several factors. It can offer education about AUD, help people safely stop drinking, deal with the underlying reasons for addiction, and help people learn healthier coping, stress management, and relapse prevention abilities so they can remain sober.
Treatment is used in a variety of settings and at different levels of care, which can vary depending upon your special healing requirements and issues. According to the National Institute on Substance Abuse (NIDA), effective treatment must be tailored to your individual health and recovery requirements and consider your mental health, social health, and any task or legal issues.
Individuals’s requirements can change throughout the course of treatment, and they might move up and down in strength and to different levels of care at alcohol treatment centers.
Menlo Park CA Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
Inpatient alcohol rehab implies that you live onsite at a treatment facility for the length of treatment. This can consist of healthcare facilities, centers, or other property alcohol rehab facilities that provide 24-hour care.
This setting can be useful for a wide range of individuals, consisting of those with severe AUD, serious co-occurring disorders, those with a history of relapse, people with unstable living scenarios or limited transportation, and teens.
Types of Inpatient Rehab
Typical inpatient treatment settings consist of:
- Long-lasting residential rehab. This provides a stable living circumstance, a structured environment without distraction and triggers (individuals, locations, and things that make you want to drink), and helpful care for a longer amount of time. It can be low or high intensity. It’s well-suited for people without stable houses or encouraging families, or those with severe dependencies or co-occurring disorders.
- Short-term domestic treatment. This usually occurs in a medical facility, medical center, or other facility that offers 24/7 medical oversight. These facilities generally offer alcohol detox services to help manage alcohol withdrawal symptoms, as well as rehab treatment.
- Sober living houses. These are also known as healing real estate, transitional real estate, or midway homes. They offer short-term transitional real estate and various forms of support to individuals who have actually just recently finished a rehab program and are transitioning back to their day-to-day lives.
Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
Outpatient alcohol rehab provides treatment services at a health clinic, neighborhood mental health center, freestanding substance use rehab center, or healthcare facility. You live in your home and travel to the facility for treatment services on a routine schedule. Some outpatient programs offer some or all of its programs via remote or virtual rehab delivered via telehealth.
Individuals who may take advantage of outpatient treatment centers for alcohol include those who are stepping down from inpatient treatment or individuals with less severe addictions, health, strong social assistances, reputable transportation, and steady living environments. Outpatient rehab can happen at various levels of strength.
Kinds Of Outpatient Rehab
- Typical kinds of outpatient alcohol rehab centers consist of:
- Standard outpatient, where you have routine workplace gos to for therapy and treatment medications, if necessary. Standard outpatient programs generally require attending treatment 1 to 3 times per week, though some fulfill every day.
- Extensive outpatient, or IOP. This is a greater level of strength that offers between 9 and 20 hours of structured programming per week.
- Partial hospitalization, or PHP. This is the most intense level of outpatient care. It includes attending treatment every day for a minimum of 6 hours each day.
Alcohol Treatment Medicines
Medications might be utilized in an alcohol treatment program to assist individuals stop drinking and prevent relapse. Some typical medications include:
- Disulfiram. This medicine can help people refrain from alcohol use while in healing since it causes undesirable symptoms if you consume.
- Acamprosate. This helps individuals maintain abstaining and prevent relapse. It helps in reducing undesirable symptoms that might sometimes accompany continuous abstinence, such as sleeping disorders (trouble sleeping) and anxiety.
- Naltrexone. This can assist individuals stay sober because it reduces yearnings and obstructs the pleasant and satisfying effects of alcohol if they do drink.
For How Long Is Menlo Park Alcohol Rehab?
The duration of alcohol rehab can vary by setting and your specific requirements. Typical treatment lengths for inpatient rehab are 28 to thirty days, 60 days, or 90 days. It can likewise be longer when it comes to a long-lasting residential alcohol rehab center, which can last as much as a year. Outpatient rehab generally lasts 2 months to a year.
In a lot of cases, treatment does not follow a basic timeline or set endpoint. Considering that addiction is a persistent, relapsing illness, many people discover it handy to go to support groups, therapy sessions, or other continuing care after formal rehab has actually ended.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Centers near Stow
How to Choose an Alcohol Rehab Center in Menlo Park
You need to learn as much as you can about various alcohol rehab centers so you can pick the one that finest fits your healing needs and objectives. A medical professional or other addiction professional can evaluate you and your drinking practices and offer advice about the best treatment choices for you.
Aspects to consider when choosing rehab centers for alcohol consist of:
- Cost. There’s no set cost for rehab; it can vary by facility, location, facilities, and other elements. And even if you have insurance, you might still have to pay some out-of-pocket costs.
- Place. You may choose to remain close to house to be near your support network, go to virtual rehab, or you might find it valuable to take a trip to another part of the country to get some range from your triggers and focus entirely on your healing.
- Amenities. Various centers provide various amenities; some may have a more bare-bones method, while high-end facilities might have a more upscale sensation and provide a wide range of high-end features.
- Insurance. Protection can vary by plan, so it’s an excellent concept to check with your insurer about what they will and won’t cover.
- Level of care needed. This can vary depending upon your evaluation. For instance, you may need a greater level of care if you have a co-occurring physical or mental health disorder.
Does California Insurance Cover Alcohol Rehab?
This can depend upon your plan, but, in basic, a lot of strategies do cover some form of addiction treatment. The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) of 2008 states that insurance plans must provide the very same level of benefits for mental health and substance use treatment and services that they provide for medical and surgical care.
Different elements might affect your coverage, such as the level of treatment and the setting for the program you selected, along with area, program length, amenities, your specific plan, and other factors to consider. Triggr Health is in-network with lots of common insurance strategies, and we provide an easy method for you to quickly inspect your benefits online.
Can I Get Alcohol Rehab in Menlo Park without Insurance?
Cost should not stop you from seeking help. There are other payment alternatives if you don’t have insurance or your insurance does not cover rehab, such as:
- Using payment plans, moving scales, or scholarships. Some rehabs use different forms of monetary support based on your financial requirement or capability to pay.
- Going to a facility with public financing. You may be able to discover totally free or affordable rehab alternatives; it is essential to be conscious that states have funds reserved to help people without insurance.
- Requesting Medicare or Medicaid. Medicare is a federal medical insurance program for individuals aged 65 and older or certain more youthful individuals who satisfy eligibility requirements. Medicaid is the government-funded health insurance plan for people with low earnings who fulfill eligibility requirements.
- Paying out-of-pocket. For instance, you might use savings or ask family or pals for assistance.
- Taking out loans. You may get loans to cover some or all of the expense of treatment.
- Alcoholic Anonymous or similar shared help groups. Recent evidence recommends AA and other totally free mutual help groups based upon 12-step facilitation can be as efficient as other well‐established treatments for achieving abstinence and other alcohol‐related outcomes such as drinking repercussions, drinking strength, and addiction severity.
How to Discover an Alcohol Rehab Center Near Me in Menlo Park
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to Menlo Park alcohol treatment. A treatment center should think about all of your distinct requirements to offer the very best assistance possible. Triggr Health uses evidence-based alcohol rehab in places throughout the country, so you’re never far from the help you need.
If you or someone you care about are struggling, please connect to our helpline at (844) 569-1713 to talk to one of our caring admissions navigators about your choices.
1300 Crane St Suite 631
Menlo Park, CA 94025