Lewiston Rehab Centers for Alcohol Addiction
Learn about the types of alcohol rehab, for how long they last, medications that might be utilized, insurance options, and how to pick the right Lewiston alcohol rehab for you.
If you or someone you care about are having problem with alcohol addiction, likewise referred to as alcohol use disorder (AUD), you might feel stressed out and not know where to turn. The bright side is that AUD is a treatable disorder. Knowing that help is available, comprehending your rehab alternatives, and learning how to find the best alcohol rehab for you can help you feel less overloaded and more in control of your life.
Required guidance or support about alcohol addiction? Don’t miss out on FREE 24/7 access to support. Get help when you need it and call us today at (844) 569-1713.
What Is an Alcohol Rehab Center?
An alcohol rehab center is a treatment facility that uses support, care, and therapy to individuals with alcohol use disorder, or AUD. Treatment is essential for several factors. It can offer education about AUD, help individuals safely stop drinking, attend to the underlying causes of addiction, and help individuals find out much healthier coping, stress management, and relapse prevention skills so they can stay sober.
Treatment is offered in a variety of settings and at various levels of care, which can differ depending on your distinct healing requirements and issues. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), reliable treatment must be tailored to your individual health and recovery needs and consider your mental health, social health, and any task or legal issues.
People’s needs can alter throughout the course of treatment, and they might go up and down in strength and to different levels of care at alcohol treatment centers.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Facilities near Margate
Lewiston ME Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
Inpatient alcohol rehab suggests that you live onsite at a treatment facility for the length of treatment. This can include hospitals, clinics, or other domestic alcohol rehab facilities that offer 24-hour care.
This setting can be handy for a wide variety of people, consisting of those with severe AUD, serious co-occurring disorders, those with a history of relapse, people with unstable living situations or restricted transport, and teenagers.
Types of Inpatient Rehab
Common inpatient treatment settings consist of:
- Long-term property rehab. This offers a steady living scenario, a structured environment devoid of distraction and sets off (the people, places, and things that make you want to drink), and helpful care for a longer time period. It can be low or high intensity. It’s well-suited for people without stable homes or supportive families, or those with severe dependencies or co-occurring disorders.
- Short-term domestic treatment. This usually takes place in a medical facility, medical clinic, or other facility that uses 24/7 medical oversight. These centers usually provide alcohol detox services to assist manage alcohol withdrawal symptoms, along with rehab treatment.
- Sober living houses. These are likewise referred to as healing real estate, transitional real estate, or halfway houses. They offer short-term transitional housing and various types of support to individuals who have actually recently completed a rehab program and are transitioning back to their day-to-day lives.
Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
Outpatient alcohol rehab provides treatment services at a health center, community mental health center, freestanding substance use rehab center, or medical facility. You live in the house and travel to the facility for treatment services on a regular schedule. Some outpatient programs use some or all of its shows by means of remote or virtual rehab delivered by means of telehealth.
Individuals who may take advantage of outpatient treatment centers for alcohol consist of those who are stepping down from inpatient treatment or individuals with less severe addictions, health, strong social assistances, trustworthy transport, and stable living environments. Outpatient rehab can take place at various levels of intensity.
Kinds Of Outpatient Rehab
- Common types of outpatient alcohol rehab centers include:
- Standard outpatient, where you have regular office visits for therapy and treatment medicines, if required. Basic outpatient programs typically need participating in treatment 1 to 3 times each week, though some satisfy every day.
- Extensive outpatient, or IOP. This is a higher level of strength that supplies between 9 and 20 hours of structured shows each week.
- Partial hospitalization, or PHP. This is the most intense level of outpatient care. It involves attending treatment every day for at least 6 hours daily.
Alcohol Treatment Medications
Medications might be used in an alcohol treatment program to assist individuals stop drinking and avoid relapse. Some common medications consist of:
- Disulfiram. This medicine can assist people avoid alcohol use while in healing due to the fact that it triggers undesirable symptoms if you drink.
- Acamprosate. This assists people preserve abstinence and avoid relapse. It helps in reducing unpleasant symptoms that may sometimes occur with continuous abstaining, such as sleeping disorders (problem sleeping) and stress and anxiety.
- Naltrexone. This can assist individuals remain sober since it lowers cravings and blocks the pleasurable and rewarding effects of alcohol if they do drink.
For How Long Is Lewiston Alcohol Rehab?
The duration of alcohol rehab can differ by setting and your private needs. Typical treatment lengths for inpatient rehab are 28 to one month, 60 days, or 90 days. It can likewise be longer in the case of a long-term property alcohol rehab center, which can last approximately a year. Outpatient rehab typically lasts 2 months to a year.
In a lot of cases, treatment does not follow a standard timeline or set endpoint. Considering that addiction is a chronic, relapsing illness, many people discover it valuable to participate in support groups, therapy sessions, or other continuing care after official rehab has ended.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Centers near Des Plaines
How to Choose an Alcohol Rehab Center in Lewiston
You ought to discover as much as you can about various alcohol rehab centers so you can pick the one that best fits your recovery requirements and goals. A medical professional or other addiction professional can examine you and your drinking habits and provide guidance about the best treatment choices for you.
Factors to consider when picking rehab centers for alcohol include:
- Expense. There’s no set expense for rehab; it can differ by facility, area, features, and other aspects. And even if you have insurance, you might still have to pay some out-of-pocket costs.
- Location. You may prefer to remain near house to be near your support network, go to virtual rehab, or you may find it valuable to travel to another part of the nation to get some range from your triggers and focus entirely on your recovery.
- Features. Various centers use different features; some might have a more bare-bones approach, while high-end facilities might have a more high end sensation and provide a wide range of high-end facilities.
- Insurance. Coverage can vary by strategy, so it’s an excellent concept to consult your insurance provider about what they will and will not cover.
- Level of care needed. This can vary depending upon your assessment. For example, you may require a greater level of care if you have a co-occurring physical or mental health disorder.
Does Maine Insurance Cover Alcohol Rehab?
This can depend on your plan, however, in general, many plans do cover some type of addiction treatment. The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) of 2008 states that insurance strategies need to supply the very same level of advantages for mental health and substance use treatment and services that they do for medical and surgical care.
Various elements may impact your coverage, such as the level of healthcare and the setting for the program you picked, in addition to place, program length, features, your particular plan, and other factors to consider. Triggr Health is in-network with numerous typical insurance strategies, and we provide an easy way for you to immediately check your advantages online.
Can I Get Alcohol Rehab in Lewiston without Insurance?
Cost must not stop you from seeking assistance. There are other payment alternatives if you do not have insurance or your insurance doesn’t cover rehab, such as:
- Using payment strategies, moving scales, or scholarships. Some rehabilitations offer various forms of monetary assistance based upon your financial requirement or capability to pay.
- Going to a facility with public financing. You may be able to discover free or low-priced rehab options; it is essential to be aware that states have actually funds reserved to assist people without insurance.
- Getting Medicare or Medicaid. Medicare is a federal health insurance program for individuals aged 65 and older or particular more youthful people who satisfy eligibility requirements. Medicaid is the government-funded medical insurance plan for people with low incomes who satisfy eligibility requirements.
- Paying out-of-pocket. For instance, you might use savings or ask family or good friends for help.
- Securing loans. You might get loans to cover some or all of the expense of treatment.
- Alcoholic Anonymous or similar mutual assistance groups. Recent evidence suggests AA and other totally free mutual aid groups based upon 12-step facilitation can be as effective as other well‐established treatments for achieving abstaining and other alcohol‐related outcomes such as drinking consequences, drinking strength, and addiction intensity.
How to Find an Alcohol Rehab Center Near Me in Lewiston
There is no one-size-fits-all technique to Lewiston alcohol treatment. A treatment center ought to consider all of your special needs to offer the best support possible. Triggr Health offers evidence-based alcohol rehab in areas across the nation, so you’re never far from the assistance you need.
If you or someone you appreciate are having a hard time, please reach out to our helpline at (844) 569-1713 to speak to one of our caring admissions navigators about your options.
12 High St Ste 336
Lewiston, ME 04240