Foster City Rehab Centers for Alcoholism
Learn more about the types of alcohol rehab, for how long they last, medications that may be utilized, insurance choices, and how to choose the right Foster City alcohol rehab for you.
If you or someone you appreciate are fighting with alcohol addiction, also known as alcohol use disorder (AUD), you may feel stressed out and not understand where to turn. Fortunately is that AUD is a treatable disorder. Understanding that help is offered, understanding your rehab choices, and learning how to discover the best alcohol rehab for you can help you feel less overwhelmed and more in control of your life.
Need suggestions or assistance about alcoholism? Do not lose out on FREE 24/7 access to support. Get assistance when you need it and call us today at (844) 569-1713.
What Is an Alcohol Rehab Center?
An alcohol rehab center is a treatment facility that offers assistance, care, and therapy to individuals with alcohol use disorder, or AUD. Treatment is essential for a number of reasons. It can offer education about AUD, assist individuals safely stop drinking, attend to the underlying causes of addiction, and help individuals learn much healthier coping, tension management, and relapse prevention skills so they can remain sober.
Treatment is used in a variety of settings and at various levels of care, which can differ depending upon your unique healing needs and concerns. According to the National Institute on Substance Abuse (NIDA), efficient treatment needs to be customized to your private health and healing needs and consider your mental health, social health, and any job or legal issues.
People’s needs can change throughout the course of treatment, and they might move up and down in strength and to different levels of care at alcohol treatment centers.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Centers in Fairborn
Foster City CA Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
Inpatient alcohol rehab implies that you live onsite at a treatment facility for the length of treatment. This can include health centers, centers, or other property alcohol rehab facilities that provide 24-hour care.
This setting can be valuable for a wide variety of individuals, consisting of those with severe AUD, major co-occurring disorders, those with a history of relapse, individuals with unsteady living circumstances or restricted transportation, and teens.
Types of Inpatient Rehab
Common inpatient treatment settings include:
- Long-lasting domestic rehab. This offers a steady living circumstance, a structured environment without distraction and activates (individuals, locations, and things that make you wish to consume), and supportive take care of a longer time period. It can be low or high strength. It’s appropriate for individuals without steady homes or supportive families, or those with severe dependencies or co-occurring disorders.
- Short-term property treatment. This usually happens in a health center, medical center, or other facility that uses 24/7 medical oversight. These facilities usually offer alcohol detox services to assist handle alcohol withdrawal symptoms, along with rehab treatment.
- Sober living homes. These are likewise known as recovery real estate, transitional housing, or midway houses. They use short-term transitional real estate and various types of assistance to individuals who have just recently completed a rehab program and are transitioning back to their day-to-day lives.
Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
Outpatient alcohol rehab uses treatment services at a health clinic, neighborhood mental university hospital, freestanding substance use rehab center, or healthcare facility. You live in your home and travel to the facility for treatment services on a routine schedule. Some outpatient programs use some or all of its programs by means of remote or virtual rehab provided by means of telehealth.
People who may gain from outpatient treatment centers for alcohol include those who are stepping down from inpatient treatment or individuals with less severe dependencies, health, strong social assistances, reliable transport, and stable living environments. Outpatient rehab can take place at various levels of strength.
Types of Outpatient Rehab
- Typical kinds of outpatient alcohol rehab centers consist of:
- Standard outpatient, where you have routine office sees for therapy and treatment medications, if necessary. Standard outpatient programs normally require participating in treatment 1 to 3 times per week, though some fulfill every day.
- Extensive outpatient, or IOP. This is a greater level of strength that offers in between 9 and 20 hours of structured programs each week.
- Partial hospitalization, or PHP. This is the most extreme level of outpatient care. It includes participating in treatment every day for at least 6 hours each day.
Alcohol Treatment Medications
Medications may be utilized in an alcohol treatment program to help people stop drinking and avoid relapse. Some typical medications consist of:
- Disulfiram. This medicine can help individuals refrain from alcohol use while in healing since it triggers undesirable symptoms if you consume.
- Acamprosate. This assists individuals keep abstaining and avoid relapse. It helps reduce undesirable symptoms that may often occur with continuous abstinence, such as sleeping disorders (difficulty sleeping) and stress and anxiety.
- Naltrexone. This can help individuals remain sober because it decreases cravings and blocks the satisfying and gratifying effects of alcohol if they do drink.
For How Long Is Foster City Alcohol Rehab?
The duration of alcohol rehab can differ by setting and your specific requirements. Common treatment lengths for inpatient rehab are 28 to one month, 60 days, or 90 days. It can likewise be longer when it comes to a long-term residential alcohol rehab center, which can last as much as a year. Outpatient rehab usually lasts 2 months to a year.
In most cases, treatment doesn’t follow a standard timeline or set endpoint. Since addiction is a persistent, relapsing illness, lots of people discover it valuable to participate in support groups, therapy sessions, or other continuing care after formal rehab has ended.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Locations in Lake Stevens
How to Select an Alcohol Rehab Center in Foster City
You need to discover as much as you can about different alcohol rehab centers so you can choose the one that finest fits your recovery requirements and objectives. A doctor or other addiction professional can examine you and your drinking practices and provide recommendations about the best treatment options for you.
Factors to think about when selecting rehab centers for alcohol include:
- Expense. There’s no set cost for rehab; it can vary by facility, area, facilities, and other elements. And even if you have insurance, you may still need to pay some out-of-pocket expenses.
- Area. You may choose to stay near home to be near your assistance network, go to virtual rehab, or you may find it practical to take a trip to another part of the country to get some distance from your triggers and focus exclusively on your recovery.
- Amenities. Different centers use different amenities; some might have a more bare-bones method, while luxury centers might have a more upscale sensation and provide a wide variety of high-end facilities.
- Insurance. Protection can differ by plan, so it’s a great idea to talk to your insurer about what they will and won’t cover.
- Level of care required. This can differ depending on your evaluation. For example, you may require a higher level of care if you have a co-occurring physical or mental health disorder.
Does California Insurance Cover Alcohol Rehab?
This can depend on your plan, however, in basic, most strategies do cover some kind of addiction treatment. The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) of 2008 says that insurance strategies need to offer the same level of advantages for mental health and substance use treatment and services that they provide for medical and surgical care.
Different elements might affect your coverage, such as the level of treatment and the setting for the program you selected, as well as location, program length, features, your specific plan, and other considerations. Triggr Health is in-network with lots of common insurance plans, and we offer a simple method for you to quickly inspect your advantages online.
Can I Get Alcohol Rehab in Foster City without Insurance?
Expense ought to not stop you from seeking aid. There are other payment alternatives if you do not have insurance or your insurance doesn’t cover rehab, such as:
- Using payment plans, sliding scales, or scholarships. Some rehabilitations provide various forms of financial help based upon your financial need or ability to pay.
- Going to a facility with public financing. You may have the ability to find complimentary or low-priced rehab choices; it is very important to be mindful that states have funds reserved to assist individuals without insurance.
- Requesting Medicare or Medicaid. Medicare is a federal health insurance program for people aged 65 and older or particular younger people who fulfill eligibility requirements. Medicaid is the government-funded health insurance plan for individuals with low earnings who satisfy eligibility requirements.
- Paying out-of-pocket. For example, you might use savings or ask family or pals for help.
- Securing loans. You may secure loans to cover some or all of the expense of treatment.
- Alcoholic Anonymous or comparable shared assistance groups. Recent evidence recommends AA and other complimentary shared assistance groups based upon 12-step assistance can be as efficient as other well‐established treatments for achieving abstinence and other alcohol‐related results such as drinking effects, drinking strength, and addiction seriousness.
How to Discover an Alcohol Rehab Center Near Me in Foster City
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to Foster City alcohol treatment. A treatment center should think about all of your distinct needs to supply the very best support possible. Triggr Health provides evidence-based alcohol rehab in locations across the country, so you’re never ever far from the help you require.
If you or someone you care about are having a hard time, please reach out to our helpline at (844) 569-1713 to speak to among our caring admissions navigators about your choices.
1261 E Hillsdale Blvd Suite 545
Foster City, CA 94404