Bethesda Rehab Centers for Alcoholism
Discover the kinds of alcohol rehab, for how long they last, medications that may be used, insurance options, and how to select the right Bethesda alcohol rehab for you.
If you or somebody you care about are struggling with alcohol addiction, likewise called alcohol use disorder (AUD), you might feel stressed and not know where to turn. The good news is that AUD is a treatable disorder. Knowing that help is available, comprehending your rehab choices, and learning how to find the best alcohol rehab for you can help you feel less overwhelmed and more in control of your life.
Required advice or assistance about alcoholism? Do not miss out on FREE 24/7 access to support. Get assistance when you need it and call us today at (844) 569-1713.
What Is an Alcohol Rehab Center?
An alcohol rehab center is a treatment facility that offers support, care, and therapy to people with alcohol use disorder, or AUD. Treatment is important for numerous reasons. It can provide education about AUD, help individuals safely stop drinking, address the underlying causes of addiction, and help people learn healthier coping, stress management, and relapse prevention skills so they can stay sober.
Treatment is offered in a variety of settings and at various levels of care, which can differ depending upon your unique recovery needs and concerns. According to the National Institute on Substance Abuse (NIDA), effective treatment should be tailored to your individual health and healing requirements and consider your mental health, social health, and any job or legal issues.
People’s needs can alter throughout the course of treatment, and they might go up and down in intensity and to different levels of care at alcohol treatment centers.
Bethesda MD Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
Inpatient alcohol rehab suggests that you live onsite at a treatment facility for the length of treatment. This can consist of health centers, centers, or other domestic alcohol rehab facilities that offer 24-hour care.
This setting can be useful for a wide range of individuals, including those with severe AUD, serious co-occurring disorders, those with a history of relapse, individuals with unstable living situations or restricted transportation, and teens.
Types of Inpatient Rehab
Typical inpatient treatment settings include:
- Long-lasting domestic rehab. This offers a steady living situation, a structured environment without diversion and activates (individuals, locations, and things that make you want to drink), and helpful care for a longer amount of time. It can be low or high strength. It’s well-suited for individuals without stable houses or helpful families, or those with severe dependencies or co-occurring disorders.
- Short-term domestic treatment. This usually takes place in a medical facility, medical center, or other facility that offers 24/7 medical oversight. These centers typically provide alcohol detox services to assist handle alcohol withdrawal symptoms, in addition to rehab treatment.
- Sober living houses. These are also called healing housing, transitional real estate, or midway homes. They provide short-term transitional real estate and different types of assistance to individuals who have just recently finished a rehab program and are transitioning back to their day-to-day lives.
Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
Outpatient alcohol rehab offers treatment services at a health center, neighborhood mental health center, freestanding substance use rehab center, or healthcare facility. You live in your home and travel to the facility for treatment services on a routine schedule. Some outpatient programs provide some or all of its programs by means of remote or virtual rehab delivered via telehealth.
People who might take advantage of outpatient treatment centers for alcohol include those who are stepping down from inpatient treatment or individuals with less severe dependencies, health, strong social supports, trusted transportation, and steady living environments. Outpatient rehab can occur at different levels of intensity.
Types of Outpatient Rehab
- Typical kinds of outpatient alcohol rehab centers consist of:
- Standard outpatient, where you have routine office visits for counseling and treatment medicines, if required. Standard outpatient programs normally require attending treatment 1 to 3 times per week, though some meet every day.
- Intensive outpatient, or IOP. This is a higher level of strength that supplies between 9 and 20 hours of structured programming weekly.
- Partial hospitalization, or PHP. This is the most extreme level of outpatient care. It involves participating in treatment every day for a minimum of 6 hours each day.
Alcohol Treatment Medications
Medications might be used in an alcohol treatment program to help individuals stop drinking and avoid relapse. Some common medications include:
- Disulfiram. This medicine can help people avoid alcohol use while in healing due to the fact that it triggers unpleasant symptoms if you drink.
- Acamprosate. This helps people preserve abstinence and prevent relapse. It helps reduce unpleasant symptoms that might in some cases occur with continuous abstinence, such as insomnia (problem sleeping) and stress and anxiety.
- Naltrexone. This can help people remain sober due to the fact that it lowers yearnings and blocks the pleasant and rewarding effects of alcohol if they do drink.
The Length Of Time Is Bethesda Alcohol Rehab?
The period of alcohol rehab can vary by setting and your private needs. Common treatment lengths for inpatient rehab are 28 to 1 month, 60 days, or 90 days. It can likewise be longer when it comes to a long-term domestic alcohol rehab center, which can last approximately a year. Outpatient rehab usually lasts 2 months to a year.
In a lot of cases, treatment doesn’t follow a basic timeline or set endpoint. Given that addiction is a chronic, relapsing disease, lots of people find it valuable to participate in support system, therapy sessions, or other continuing care after official rehab has actually ended.
How to Pick an Alcohol Rehab Center in Bethesda
You ought to discover as much as you can about different alcohol rehab centers so you can choose the one that finest fits your recovery needs and objectives. A medical professional or other addiction professional can assess you and your drinking routines and provide suggestions about the right treatment options for you.
Aspects to think about when picking rehab centers for alcohol include:
- Cost. There’s no set cost for rehab; it can differ by facility, place, features, and other aspects. And even if you have insurance, you may still need to pay some out-of-pocket expenses.
- Place. You might choose to remain near to house to be near your support network, participate in virtual rehab, or you may find it handy to travel to another part of the country to get some range from your triggers and focus entirely on your recovery.
- Features. Various centers offer different features; some may have a more bare-bones approach, while luxury facilities might have a more upscale feeling and offer a vast array of high-end amenities.
- Insurance. Protection can differ by plan, so it’s an excellent concept to talk to your insurance company about what they will and won’t cover.
- Level of care required. This can vary depending on your evaluation. For example, you may need a higher level of care if you have a co-occurring physical or mental health disorder.
Does Maryland Insurance Cover Alcohol Rehab?
This can depend upon your plan, but, in basic, the majority of plans do cover some kind of addiction treatment. The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) of 2008 states that insurance strategies must supply the exact same level of advantages for mental health and substance use treatment and services that they do for medical and surgical care.
Various factors may affect your protection, such as the level of healthcare and the setting for the program you chose, along with area, program length, amenities, your specific plan, and other factors to consider. Triggr Health is in-network with lots of typical insurance plans, and we offer an easy method for you to quickly check your benefits online.
Can I Get Alcohol Rehab in Bethesda without Insurance?
Expense must not stop you from looking for help. There are other payment alternatives if you don’t have insurance or your insurance does not cover rehab, such as:
- Using payment strategies, sliding scales, or scholarships. Some rehabilitations offer various types of financial assistance based upon your financial requirement or capability to pay.
- Going to a facility with public financing. You might be able to find free or low-cost rehab alternatives; it’s important to be conscious that states have actually funds reserved to help individuals without insurance.
- Getting Medicare or Medicaid. Medicare is a federal medical insurance program for individuals aged 65 and older or certain younger people who fulfill eligibility requirements. Medicaid is the government-funded health insurance plan for people with low earnings who meet eligibility requirements.
- Paying out-of-pocket. For example, you might use savings or ask family or buddies for aid.
- Getting loans. You may get loans to cover some or all of the cost of treatment.
- Alcoholic Anonymous or comparable shared assistance groups. Current evidence suggests AA and other totally free shared aid groups based on 12-step facilitation can be as effective as other well‐established treatments for accomplishing abstaining and other alcohol‐related results such as drinking repercussions, drinking intensity, and addiction intensity.
How to Discover an Alcohol Rehab Center Near Me in Bethesda
There is no one-size-fits-all method to Bethesda alcohol treatment. A treatment center need to consider all of your special requirements to supply the best support possible. Triggr Health provides evidence-based alcohol rehab in places throughout the nation, so you’re never far from the aid you require.
If you or somebody you care about are having a hard time, please reach out to our helpline at (844) 569-1713 to speak to one of our caring admissions navigators about your alternatives.
4931 Cordell Ave Ste 60
Bethesda, MD 20814