Bay Shore Rehab Centers for Alcohol Addiction
Learn more about the types of alcohol rehab, for how long they last, medications that may be used, insurance alternatives, and how to select the ideal Bay Shore alcohol rehab for you.
If you or somebody you care about are dealing with alcohol addiction, likewise known as alcohol use disorder (AUD), you might feel stressed out and not understand where to turn. The good news is that AUD is a treatable disorder. Knowing that help is available, comprehending your rehab options, and discovering how to discover the best alcohol rehab for you can help you feel less overwhelmed and more in control of your life.
Need guidance or assistance about alcoholism? Don’t lose out on FREE 24/7 access to support. Get assistance when you require it and call us today at (844) 569-1713.
What Is an Alcohol Rehab Center?
An alcohol rehab center is a treatment facility that uses support, care, and therapy to individuals with alcohol use disorder, or AUD. Treatment is important for numerous factors. It can provide education about AUD, help individuals safely stop drinking, attend to the underlying reasons for addiction, and help individuals discover healthier coping, stress management, and relapse prevention abilities so they can remain sober.
Treatment is used in a variety of settings and at different levels of care, which can differ depending on your unique healing requirements and issues. According to the National Institute on Substance Abuse (NIDA), reliable treatment should be tailored to your private health and recovery needs and consider your mental health, social health, and any job or legal issues.
Individuals’s needs can alter throughout the course of treatment, and they might go up and down in strength and to various levels of care at alcohol treatment centers.
Bay Shore NY Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
Inpatient alcohol rehab means that you live onsite at a treatment facility for the length of treatment. This can include medical facilities, clinics, or other domestic alcohol rehab facilities that use 24-hour care.
This setting can be useful for a large range of people, consisting of those with severe AUD, serious co-occurring disorders, those with a history of relapse, individuals with unstable living scenarios or limited transport, and teens.
Types of Inpatient Rehab
Typical inpatient treatment settings include:
- Long-lasting domestic rehab. This provides a stable living scenario, a structured environment devoid of distraction and triggers (individuals, places, and things that make you want to consume), and helpful take care of a longer amount of time. It can be low or high strength. It’s appropriate for people without stable homes or supportive households, or those with severe dependencies or co-occurring disorders.
- Short-term property treatment. This usually occurs in a healthcare facility, medical center, or other facility that provides 24/7 medical oversight. These facilities normally use alcohol detox services to assist manage alcohol withdrawal symptoms, along with rehab treatment.
- Sober living houses. These are likewise referred to as healing housing, transitional housing, or midway houses. They provide short-term transitional real estate and various kinds of support to individuals who have actually just recently completed a rehab program and are transitioning back to their day-to-day lives.
Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
Outpatient alcohol rehab offers treatment services at a health center, neighborhood mental health center, freestanding substance use rehab center, or healthcare facility. You live in your home and travel to the facility for treatment services on a regular schedule. Some outpatient programs offer some or all of its shows by means of remote or virtual rehab delivered by means of telehealth.
Individuals who may gain from outpatient treatment centers for alcohol consist of those who are stepping down from inpatient treatment or individuals with less severe dependencies, good health, strong social assistances, dependable transport, and stable living environments. Outpatient rehab can happen at various levels of strength.
Types of Outpatient Rehab
- Common types of outpatient alcohol rehab centers consist of:
- Requirement outpatient, where you have regular workplace sees for therapy and treatment medications, if required. Basic outpatient programs generally require going to treatment 1 to 3 times each week, though some meet every day.
- Intensive outpatient, or IOP. This is a higher level of intensity that offers between 9 and 20 hours of structured programs each week.
- Partial hospitalization, or PHP. This is the most intense level of outpatient care. It includes participating in treatment every day for at least 6 hours daily.
Alcohol Treatment Medications
Medications might be utilized in an alcohol treatment program to assist people stop drinking and avoid relapse. Some common medications consist of:
- Disulfiram. This medicine can help individuals refrain from alcohol use while in recovery due to the fact that it causes unpleasant symptoms if you drink.
- Acamprosate. This helps individuals preserve abstaining and avoid relapse. It helps in reducing undesirable symptoms that may often accompany continuous abstaining, such as insomnia (difficulty sleeping) and stress and anxiety.
- Naltrexone. This can help people stay sober since it lowers cravings and obstructs the satisfying and fulfilling effects of alcohol if they do drink.
The Length Of Time Is Bay Shore Alcohol Rehab?
The period of alcohol rehab can differ by setting and your specific requirements. Typical treatment lengths for inpatient rehab are 28 to 30 days, 60 days, or 90 days. It can also be longer in the case of a long-term residential alcohol rehab center, which can last approximately a year. Outpatient rehab generally lasts 2 months to a year.
In a lot of cases, treatment does not follow a basic timeline or set endpoint. Given that addiction is a chronic, relapsing disease, many people find it practical to participate in support groups, therapy sessions, or other continuing care after official rehab has ended.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Centers in Rahway
How to Select an Alcohol Rehab Center in Bay Shore
You must find out as much as you can about various alcohol rehab centers so you can choose the one that finest fits your recovery needs and objectives. A physician or other addiction professional can examine you and your drinking practices and offer advice about the ideal treatment choices for you.
Aspects to think about when selecting rehab centers for alcohol include:
- Cost. There’s no set expense for rehab; it can differ by facility, location, amenities, and other aspects. And even if you have insurance, you might still need to pay some out-of-pocket expenses.
- Location. You may prefer to remain near home to be near your support network, attend virtual rehab, or you might discover it valuable to take a trip to another part of the country to get some range from your triggers and focus entirely on your healing.
- Features. Various centers provide different amenities; some may have a more bare-bones method, while high-end centers may have a more upscale feeling and offer a wide range of high-end amenities.
- Insurance. Coverage can vary by plan, so it’s a great idea to talk to your insurance company about what they will and will not cover.
- Level of care required. This can vary depending upon your assessment. For instance, you might require a greater level of care if you have a co-occurring physical or mental health disorder.
Does New York Insurance Cover Alcohol Rehab?
This can depend upon your plan, but, in general, most strategies do cover some type of addiction treatment. The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) of 2008 states that insurance plans need to supply the same level of benefits for mental health and substance use treatment and services that they provide for medical and surgical care.
Various factors might impact your coverage, such as the level of medical care and the setting for the program you chose, in addition to area, program length, amenities, your specific strategy, and other factors to consider. Triggr Health is in-network with lots of typical insurance plans, and we provide a simple way for you to immediately inspect your advantages online.
Can I Get Alcohol Rehab in Bay Shore without Insurance?
Cost ought to not stop you from seeking aid. There are other payment alternatives if you don’t have insurance or your insurance doesn’t cover rehab, such as:
- Using payment strategies, moving scales, or scholarships. Some rehabs use various types of monetary support based upon your financial need or ability to pay.
- Going to a facility with public financing. You might be able to discover totally free or low-priced rehab alternatives; it is essential to be conscious that states have funds reserved to help individuals without insurance.
- Applying for Medicare or Medicaid. Medicare is a federal health insurance program for people aged 65 and older or certain more youthful people who fulfill eligibility requirements. Medicaid is the government-funded medical insurance plan for people with low incomes who meet eligibility requirements.
- Paying out-of-pocket. For example, you may use savings or ask family or pals for assistance.
- Taking out loans. You might secure loans to cover some or all of the cost of treatment.
- Alcoholic Anonymous or similar shared help groups. Current proof recommends AA and other totally free mutual help groups based upon 12-step facilitation can be as efficient as other well‐established treatments for achieving abstaining and other alcohol‐related results such as drinking consequences, drinking intensity, and addiction severity.
How to Find an Alcohol Rehab Center Near Me in Bay Shore
There is no one-size-fits-all method to Bay Shore alcohol treatment. A treatment center ought to think about all of your unique requirements to offer the very best assistance possible. Triggr Health offers evidence-based alcohol rehab in locations throughout the nation, so you’re never far from the help you require.
If you or somebody you appreciate are struggling, please connect to our helpline at (844) 569-1713 to speak to one of our caring admissions navigators about your alternatives.
301 E Main St #461
Bay Shore, NY 11706