Athens Rehab Centers for Alcoholism
Learn more about the kinds of alcohol rehab, how long they last, medications that may be used, insurance options, and how to pick the right Athens alcohol rehab for you.
If you or somebody you appreciate are struggling with alcoholism, also referred to as alcohol use disorder (AUD), you may feel stressed and not understand where to turn. The good news is that AUD is a treatable disorder. Understanding that help is available, comprehending your rehab alternatives, and discovering how to discover the very best alcohol rehab for you can assist you feel less overloaded and more in control of your life.
Required recommendations or support about alcoholism? Do not lose out on FREE 24/7 access to support. Get assistance when you need it and call us today at (844) 569-1713.
What Is an Alcohol Rehab Center?
An alcohol rehab center is a treatment facility that provides support, care, and therapy to individuals with alcohol use disorder, or AUD. Treatment is essential for several factors. It can provide education about AUD, assist people safely stop drinking, deal with the underlying causes of addiction, and help people discover healthier coping, stress management, and relapse prevention skills so they can remain sober.
Treatment is used in a range of settings and at different levels of care, which can vary depending on your unique recovery requirements and issues. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), effective treatment needs to be tailored to your private health and healing needs and consider your mental health, social health, and any job or legal concerns.
People’s requirements can alter throughout the course of treatment, and they may go up and down in strength and to various levels of care at alcohol treatment centers.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Centers in Seatac
Athens OH Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
Inpatient alcohol rehab implies that you live onsite at a treatment facility for the length of treatment. This can consist of medical facilities, centers, or other property alcohol rehab centers that offer 24-hour care.
This setting can be useful for a wide variety of people, including those with severe AUD, serious co-occurring disorders, those with a history of relapse, individuals with unstable living scenarios or restricted transportation, and teens.
Kinds Of Inpatient Rehab
Common inpatient treatment settings include:
- Long-term residential rehab. This offers a steady living situation, a structured environment without diversion and sets off (individuals, places, and things that make you want to drink), and encouraging care for a longer period of time. It can be low or high strength. It’s appropriate for individuals without steady homes or encouraging families, or those with severe dependencies or co-occurring disorders.
- Short-term domestic treatment. This usually occurs in a healthcare facility, medical clinic, or other facility that provides 24/7 medical oversight. These facilities typically provide alcohol detox services to assist handle alcohol withdrawal symptoms, in addition to rehab treatment.
- Sober living homes. These are also referred to as recovery housing, transitional housing, or midway homes. They use short-term transitional housing and different types of support to people who have recently finished a rehab program and are transitioning back to their daily lives.
Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
Outpatient alcohol rehab provides treatment services at a health clinic, neighborhood mental health center, freestanding substance use rehab center, or medical facility. You live at home and travel to the facility for treatment services on a regular schedule. Some outpatient programs use some or all of its programs by means of remote or virtual rehab delivered by means of telehealth.
People who might benefit from outpatient treatment centers for alcohol include those who are stepping down from inpatient treatment or people with less severe addictions, health, strong social assistances, reputable transport, and stable living environments. Outpatient rehab can happen at different levels of intensity.
Kinds Of Outpatient Rehab
- Typical types of outpatient alcohol rehab centers consist of:
- Requirement outpatient, where you have routine workplace visits for counseling and treatment medications, if required. Standard outpatient programs usually require participating in treatment 1 to 3 times per week, though some satisfy every day.
- Extensive outpatient, or IOP. This is a higher level of intensity that supplies in between 9 and 20 hours of structured programming each week.
- Partial hospitalization, or PHP. This is the most extreme level of outpatient care. It involves going to treatment every day for at least 6 hours per day.
Alcohol Treatment Medications
Medications may be used in an alcohol treatment program to assist people stop drinking and prevent relapse. Some typical medications include:
- Disulfiram. This medicine can help people avoid alcohol use while in healing since it triggers unpleasant symptoms if you drink.
- Acamprosate. This helps people keep abstinence and avoid relapse. It helps in reducing undesirable symptoms that may sometimes accompany ongoing abstaining, such as insomnia (trouble sleeping) and stress and anxiety.
- Naltrexone. This can help individuals stay sober since it decreases cravings and obstructs the pleasant and rewarding effects of alcohol if they do drink.
For How Long Is Athens Alcohol Rehab?
The duration of alcohol rehab can vary by setting and your private needs. Typical treatment lengths for inpatient rehab are 28 to one month, 60 days, or 90 days. It can likewise be longer when it comes to a long-term residential alcohol rehab center, which can last as much as a year. Outpatient rehab typically lasts 2 months to a year.
In a lot of cases, treatment doesn’t follow a standard timeline or set endpoint. Because addiction is a persistent, relapsing illness, many individuals discover it valuable to participate in support groups, therapy sessions, or other continuing care after formal rehab has ended.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Locations in Crofton
How to Pick an Alcohol Rehab Center in Athens
You need to find out as much as you can about various alcohol rehab centers so you can choose the one that finest fits your healing needs and objectives. A doctor or other addiction professional can evaluate you and your drinking practices and offer suggestions about the right treatment options for you.
Aspects to consider when picking rehab centers for alcohol include:
- Expense. There’s no set expense for rehab; it can differ by facility, area, facilities, and other elements. And even if you have insurance, you may still need to pay some out-of-pocket costs.
- Area. You may choose to stay close to house to be near your assistance network, go to virtual rehab, or you may find it valuable to take a trip to another part of the country to get some distance from your triggers and focus solely on your recovery.
- Features. Different centers provide different amenities; some may have a more bare-bones method, while high-end centers might have a more high end sensation and use a large range of high-end features.
- Insurance. Protection can differ by plan, so it’s a good concept to contact your insurer about what they will and won’t cover.
- Level of care needed. This can vary depending upon your evaluation. For example, you might require a higher level of care if you have a co-occurring physical or mental health disorder.
Does Ohio Insurance Cover Alcohol Rehab?
This can depend on your strategy, however, in general, many plans do cover some form of addiction treatment. The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) of 2008 states that insurance plans need to offer the same level of advantages for mental health and substance use treatment and services that they provide for medical and surgical care.
Various aspects might impact your coverage, such as the level of medical care and the setting for the program you selected, in addition to place, program length, amenities, your specific strategy, and other considerations. Triggr Health is in-network with numerous typical insurance strategies, and we provide an easy method for you to instantly check your advantages online.
Can I Get Alcohol Rehab in Athens without Insurance?
Cost needs to not stop you from seeking help. There are other payment alternatives if you do not have insurance or your insurance does not cover rehab, such as:
- Using payment strategies, moving scales, or scholarships. Some rehabilitations use various types of monetary support based upon your monetary need or ability to pay.
- Going to a facility with public funding. You may have the ability to find free or low-cost rehab alternatives; it is essential to be mindful that states have funds reserved to assist individuals without insurance.
- Getting Medicare or Medicaid. Medicare is a federal medical insurance program for individuals aged 65 and older or certain more youthful individuals who satisfy eligibility requirements. Medicaid is the government-funded health insurance prepare for people with low earnings who fulfill eligibility requirements.
- Paying out-of-pocket. For example, you might use cost savings or ask family or buddies for aid.
- Taking out loans. You may take out loans to cover some or all of the expense of treatment.
- Alcoholic Anonymous or similar shared assistance groups. Current proof recommends AA and other complimentary shared assistance groups based on 12-step assistance can be as efficient as other well‐established treatments for achieving abstaining and other alcohol‐related results such as drinking effects, drinking intensity, and addiction severity.
How to Find an Alcohol Rehab Center Near Me in Athens
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to Athens alcohol treatment. A treatment center ought to consider all of your special needs to provide the very best support possible. Triggr Health provides evidence-based alcohol rehab in places across the country, so you’re never ever far from the help you require.
If you or somebody you appreciate are having a hard time, please connect to our helpline at (844) 569-1713 to speak with among our caring admissions navigators about your choices.
444 W Union St #473
Athens, OH 45701