Athens Rehab Centers for Alcoholism
Find out about the kinds of alcohol rehab, for how long they last, medications that may be utilized, insurance options, and how to pick the ideal Athens alcohol rehab for you.
If you or someone you care about are fighting with alcohol addiction, likewise known as alcohol use disorder (AUD), you may feel stressed out and not know where to turn. The bright side is that AUD is a treatable disorder. Understanding that assistance is readily available, comprehending your rehab options, and discovering how to discover the best alcohol rehab for you can help you feel less overloaded and more in control of your life.
Required suggestions or support about alcohol addiction? Don’t lose out on FREE 24/7 access to support. Get help when you require it and call us today at (844) 569-1713.
What Is an Alcohol Rehab Center?
An alcohol rehab center is a treatment facility that provides support, care, and therapy to individuals with alcohol use disorder, or AUD. Treatment is essential for several factors. It can provide education about AUD, help individuals safely stop drinking, address the underlying reasons for addiction, and assist individuals find out healthier coping, tension management, and relapse prevention abilities so they can stay sober.
Treatment is used in a variety of settings and at different levels of care, which can differ depending on your distinct recovery requirements and issues. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), efficient treatment must be customized to your specific health and healing needs and consider your mental health, social health, and any task or legal issues.
Individuals’s needs can alter throughout the course of treatment, and they may move up and down in strength and to various levels of care at alcohol treatment centers.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Centers in Thornton
Athens GA Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
Inpatient alcohol rehab indicates that you live onsite at a treatment facility for the length of treatment. This can include healthcare facilities, clinics, or other residential alcohol rehab facilities that use 24-hour care.
This setting can be handy for a large range of individuals, consisting of those with severe AUD, serious co-occurring disorders, those with a history of relapse, people with unstable living situations or limited transport, and teenagers.
Types of Inpatient Rehab
Common inpatient treatment settings include:
- Long-term residential rehab. This offers a stable living situation, a structured environment free of diversion and triggers (the people, places, and things that make you wish to drink), and encouraging look after a longer amount of time. It can be low or high intensity. It’s appropriate for people without steady houses or helpful families, or those with severe addictions or co-occurring disorders.
- Short-term property treatment. This usually occurs in a hospital, medical center, or other facility that offers 24/7 medical oversight. These centers generally provide alcohol detox services to help handle alcohol withdrawal symptoms, in addition to rehab treatment.
- Sober living houses. These are likewise known as recovery real estate, transitional housing, or halfway homes. They provide short-term transitional housing and different types of assistance to individuals who have actually recently finished a rehab program and are transitioning back to their daily lives.
Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
Outpatient alcohol rehab provides treatment services at a health clinic, community mental university hospital, freestanding substance use rehab center, or health center. You live in the house and travel to the facility for treatment services on a routine schedule. Some outpatient programs offer some or all of its programming via remote or virtual rehab provided by means of telehealth.
Individuals who might benefit from outpatient treatment centers for alcohol consist of those who are stepping down from inpatient treatment or people with less severe dependencies, health, strong social supports, trustworthy transportation, and stable living environments. Outpatient rehab can happen at different levels of strength.
Kinds Of Outpatient Rehab
- Typical kinds of outpatient alcohol rehab centers include:
- Requirement outpatient, where you have regular workplace sees for therapy and treatment medications, if essential. Standard outpatient programs usually need participating in treatment 1 to 3 times each week, though some fulfill every day.
- Intensive outpatient, or IOP. This is a greater level of strength that supplies between 9 and 20 hours of structured programs per week.
- Partial hospitalization, or PHP. This is the most extreme level of outpatient care. It includes going to treatment every day for a minimum of 6 hours per day.
Alcohol Treatment Medicines
Medications might be used in an alcohol treatment program to help individuals stop drinking and avoid relapse. Some common medications consist of:
- Disulfiram. This medicine can help individuals avoid alcohol use while in healing since it causes unpleasant symptoms if you drink.
- Acamprosate. This helps individuals maintain abstinence and avoid relapse. It helps reduce unpleasant symptoms that may often occur with continuous abstaining, such as insomnia (difficulty sleeping) and anxiety.
- Naltrexone. This can assist individuals remain sober because it minimizes cravings and blocks the satisfying and satisfying effects of alcohol if they do drink.
The Length Of Time Is Athens Alcohol Rehab?
The period of alcohol rehab can differ by setting and your private needs. Typical treatment lengths for inpatient rehab are 28 to thirty days, 60 days, or 90 days. It can likewise be longer when it comes to a long-term domestic alcohol rehab center, which can last up to a year. Outpatient rehab usually lasts 2 months to a year.
In most cases, treatment doesn’t follow a standard timeline or set endpoint. Because addiction is a persistent, relapsing disease, many people discover it useful to participate in support groups, therapy sessions, or other continuing care after formal rehab has ended.
Related: Find Alcohol Rehab Facilities near Columbia
How to Choose an Alcohol Rehab Center in Athens
You ought to discover as much as you can about various alcohol rehab centers so you can pick the one that finest fits your recovery needs and goals. A physician or other addiction professional can examine you and your drinking routines and offer guidance about the ideal treatment alternatives for you.
Aspects to think about when picking rehab centers for alcohol consist of:
- Cost. There’s no set expense for rehab; it can vary by facility, location, amenities, and other factors. And even if you have insurance, you may still have to pay some out-of-pocket expenses.
- Location. You may choose to stay near home to be near your support network, attend virtual rehab, or you may find it practical to take a trip to another part of the nation to get some distance from your triggers and focus exclusively on your recovery.
- Amenities. Various facilities use different features; some might have a more bare-bones approach, while high-end facilities might have a more high end sensation and provide a large range of high-end features.
- Insurance. Coverage can differ by strategy, so it’s a good idea to talk to your insurance provider about what they will and will not cover.
- Level of care needed. This can vary depending upon your assessment. For instance, you might need a greater level of care if you have a co-occurring physical or mental health disorder.
Does Georgia Insurance Cover Alcohol Rehab?
This can depend upon your plan, however, in general, many plans do cover some kind of addiction treatment. The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) of 2008 states that insurance plans need to offer the same level of advantages for mental health and substance use treatment and services that they do for medical and surgical care.
Various factors may impact your protection, such as the level of treatment and the setting for the program you chose, as well as area, program length, amenities, your particular plan, and other considerations. Triggr Health is in-network with many typical insurance strategies, and we offer a simple method for you to instantly inspect your benefits online.
Can I Get Alcohol Rehab in Athens without Insurance?
Expense needs to not stop you from looking for assistance. There are other payment alternatives if you don’t have insurance or your insurance doesn’t cover rehab, such as:
- Utilizing payment strategies, moving scales, or scholarships. Some rehabs use various kinds of financial support based upon your financial need or capability to pay.
- Going to a facility with public financing. You might be able to discover free or low-cost rehab options; it is essential to be aware that states have actually funds reserved to help people without insurance.
- Requesting Medicare or Medicaid. Medicare is a federal health insurance program for individuals aged 65 and older or particular younger people who fulfill eligibility requirements. Medicaid is the government-funded health insurance prepare for individuals with low incomes who meet eligibility requirements.
- Paying out-of-pocket. For instance, you might use savings or ask family or good friends for assistance.
- Securing loans. You may get loans to cover some or all of the expense of treatment.
- Alcoholic Anonymous or similar shared assistance groups. Recent evidence recommends AA and other totally free shared help groups based upon 12-step facilitation can be as effective as other well‐established treatments for achieving abstinence and other alcohol‐related results such as drinking consequences, drinking strength, and addiction intensity.
How to Find an Alcohol Rehab Center Near Me in Athens
There is no one-size-fits-all method to Athens alcohol treatment. A treatment center must think about all of your special requirements to offer the very best support possible. Triggr Health provides evidence-based alcohol rehab in places across the country, so you’re never ever far from the help you need.
If you or somebody you care about are struggling, please reach out to our helpline at (844) 569-1713 to speak with among our caring admissions navigators about your alternatives.
242 King Ave Ste 117
Athens, GA 30606